This job is no longer available
Director of Development
miraclefeet, Inc. | Chapel Hill NC 27510 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/21/2012
Director of Development
miraclefeet, based in Chapel Hill, NC, started working two years ago to treat children born with clubfoot in developing countries. miraclefeet is looking to hire a Director of Programs to add to the existing team of four in Chapel Hill.
One out of every 750 children born worldwide is born with clubfoot – about one child every three minutes. Over one million children in the world live with untreated clubfoot. Clubfoot, the single most common congenital birth defect, causes one or both feet to turn inward and downward. Without proper treatment, many of these children walk only with great difficulty, making clubfoot one of the leading causes of permanent disability in the world. Fortunately, it is possible to treat clubfoot with a very effective, non-surgical and lowcost treatment called the Ponseti Method, considered the gold-standard treatment for clubfoot. miraclefeet can provide this treatment for as little as $250/child. With treatment these children can live normal lives, running, playing and becoming productive members of their communities.
miraclefeet’s model is to provide funding and support to empower local clubfoot champions to establish clubfoot clinics offering high quality free treatment to any child with clubfoot. Funding covers the cost of materials and supplies, clinic staff salaries, educational materials, and braces for four years. Ponseti Method training is usually provided through Ponseti International Association (PIA), miraclefeet’s training partner. The miraclefeet on-line patient database allows partner clinics to enter patient records including before- and after-treatment photos, enabling miraclefeet to monitor patient volume and quality of care. Staff from miraclefeet visits each clinic at least every six months to audit operations, identify areas for improvement, plan next steps with its partner doctors and identify funding needs.
miraclefeet is currently funding and supporting more than 30 clubfoot clinics in Brazil, Nicaragua, Mexico, India, Liberia and Zimbabwe – and will launch in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Ecuador in the first quarter of 2013. Over 1,300 children are currently being treated at miraclefeet -supported clinics. By increasing access to treatment, miraclefeet gives children born with clubfoot the chance to live healthy, productive lives. miraclefeet is the only organization attempting to tackle treatment of clubfoot on a global scale. The organization has raised funds to cover all administrative and fundraising costs for the next three years. miraclefeet expects to be treating over 15,000 children a year by 2016.
The Director of Development is a new, full-time position responsible for overseeing all aspects of the $10 million resource development plan, working closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to carry out cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities targeting individuals, corporations, and foundations to support miraclefeet’s mission.
• Utlizing miraclefeet’s resource development plan, establish cultivation and solicitation priorities and execute strategies.
• Secure new individual and institutional donors through research and prospecting, networking, and cultivation, including development of funding proposals.
• Manage a portfolio of prospects and cultivate, solicit and close gifts at all ranges, working espcially closley with the Executive Director to cultivate and solicit major gifts from high-net worth individuals.
• Develop an infrastructure including policies, procedures, and tools that will ensure accurate record-keeping, data analysis, donor acknowledgement and stewardship.
• Develop and implement public relations, marketing, communications and social media strategies, as well as oversee consultants.
• Oversee the language, design, development and production of fundraising collateral.
• Coordinate funder cultivation events.
• Manage the resource development budget.
• Evaluate progress towards goals, prepare periodic reports on fundraising and present to the Board and staff, and recommend revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals.
• Develop statistical and financial materials and assess the costs and benefits of various fundraising activities.
• Staff the Board Development Committee, leveraging their networks to support miraclefeet and achieving Board development goals.
• Recruit and manage resource development volunteers.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
• 5-7 years of demonstrated success in resource development, preferably in an organization with annual revenues of at least $5 million.
• Passion for miraclefeet’s mission.
• Strong track record of deepening relationships with funders or donors; personally cultivating and establishing new relationships, and closing significant individual gifts.
• Experience scheduling and staffing solicitation calls and conducting follow up and
• Experience supporting and leveraging a Board.
• Experience producing campaign materials.
• Excellent organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail.
• Effective motivational, business and financial planning skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; outgoing, personable, articulate and able to represent miraclefeet in a variety of situations.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up, nonprofit atmosphere.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and donor database software, preferably
• Salesforce, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in
How to Apply:
Salary is commensurate with experience. miraclefeet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks a diverse pool of candidates for this position.
This search is being conducted by Schall & Russo Planning Works, LLC. Interested candidates should email a thoughtful cover letter and resume noting “miraclefeet DOD” in the subject line, in confidence, to Steven Schall at email@example.com. Tel: 917-207-7191
|Location||Chapel Hill, NC, 27510, United States|
|Categories||Children's Services, Medical Services/Health Care, Disease/Disorders/Medical Disciplines, Disabilities|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Contact Name||Steven Schall|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|