Founded in 1984, Resources for Community Development (RCD) is a regional nonprofit affordable housing developer working throughout Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano Counties. It is our mission is to create and preserve affordable housing for people with the fewest options, particularly for low-income families, seniors, and households with special needs.
RCD is seeking an experienced administrative assistant/receptionist who is adept at maintaining a professional yet approachable demeanor when interacting with various patrons and while executing a wide range of administrative activities relating to the smooth functioning of a busy, 20 + person office. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Major Job Responsibilities and Duties
The Administrative/Receptionist is a temporary (may become permanent), non-exempt, part-time position, supervised by RCD's Manager of Administrative Services. The Administrative Assistant will provide support across departments and improve work processes to meet project commitments.
Specific areas of responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
I. Responsible for Administrative support tasks for RCD's offices.
a. Answer phones; distribute mail, packages and faxes to staff
b. Photocopy, fax, prepare correspondence and documents as necessary
c. Maintain organizational filing and storage system
d. Assist with event planning
II. Work with all departments, particularly Accounting, Asset Management, and Resident Services to provide administrative support such as: preparation of financial reports and applications, filing loan and grant documents, mailings and some data entry.
III. Additional Responsibilities and Duties
a. Assist Manager of Administrative Services with special projects as needed.
• Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant
• Highly motivated, proactive self-starter
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to learn
• Excellent customer service and phone manners
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Concise verbal and written communication
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, and follow through
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in an administrative role; college degree preferred
• Part-time hours: 16 – 20 hours a week
(T-F 10:30am – 3:00pm, schedule may vary)
• Must have clear communication skills (written and verbal).
• Must be able to lift twenty (20) pounds.
• Work is in a sedentary office environment. Some off-site property visits may be required.
• Ability to drive with a valid driver’s license desired.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send your résumé and a personalized cover letter to Resources for Community Development email@example.com Please include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of the email.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - PEOPLE OF COLOR, WOMEN AND THE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY