Director of Development, Coastal Sustainability
FULL TIME; CAREER
Starting Salary Range: $66,000-$92,400/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Development for Physical and Biological Sciences (PBSci), and working closely and collaboratively with the Dean, faculty, and staff, the Director of Development (DOD) for Coastal Sustainability will strategically plan, develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate a fund-raising program to secure and increase philanthropic support from individuals, corporations, and foundations for the academic priorities of the division as determined by the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for University Relations, and the Dean of the Division of Physical and Biological Sciences. The focus of this position is on Coastal Sustainability, a multi-million dollar initiative that has been identified as one of the campus' top priorities in its first comprehensive fundraising campaign.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Progressively responsible experience in the design and implementation of complex development programs, emphasizing the identification, cultivation, and securing of major philanthropic commitments from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Demonstrated experience in the personal solicitation of major gifts from private sources.
• Sound knowledge of the full spectrum of development practice, principles, and activities, including gift policies, solicitations, stewardship, donor recognition, administration, and working with high-level volunteer committees, as well as the ability to apply this knowledge creatively to specific fund-raising projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior administrators, faculty, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and other staff, including people of differing temperaments, socioeconomic backgrounds, and political/ethical philosophies.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 01-08-2013
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=66111
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employ
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency