FORSYTH COUNTY FAMILY HAVEN, INC.
Position Title: Finance Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt; 40 hours per week Monday-Friday
Reports To: Executive Director
This is a Full Time salary position at the Administrative Offices of Family Haven. This job requires multi-tasking in areas of day-to-day financial operations, financial analysis, and problem solving. Also key to this position is working with a volunteer Board of Directors and Finance Committee. This individual is capable of handling multiple tasks and deadlines. Under limited direction, recommends and implements accounting policies and procedures; coordinates and operates accounting, taxation, data control, accounts payable, contract and grant functions of the organization. In the area of Human Resources, responsibilities include reviewing and maintaining employee files according to Agency/Funding requirements.
• Monitor and process payment of all accounts payable for Family Haven Programs and Thrift Store for Executive Director approval and signature.
• Assists the Board Treasurer and Executive Director in analyzing reports, prepares cost analysis and recommends improvements for the overall organization as needed.
• Informs Executive Director of all discrepancies and reports weaknesses in internal controls.
• Reconciles all bank accounts and investment accounts.
• Maintain accounting records using Quick Books software
• Assists the Executive Director in preparing reports for the Finance Committee; Prepare monthly financial reports by the Friday prior to the monthly Board Meeting unless otherwise changed by Board Treasurer and Executive Director.
• Make and record deposits for all monetary donations and receipts.
• Provide financial information and back-up records to the Auditor in order to facilitate annual audit.
• Works as liaison to the Board of Director’s finance committee.
• Supervise and assist in the training of staff on internal controls and fiscal responsibilities.
• Track income and expenses on all fundraising projects and prepare final report on net profit for Board of Directors.
• Participates as a member of the staff leadership team.
• Collect necessary data for all grant submission, reporting and billing; Assist with grant reimbursements as needed, prepare billing forms, and submit for Executive Director’s approval.
• Assist with preparing budgets for new grant proposals, and in making subsequent budget revisions; review budget with Board Treasurer.
• Oversee the Human Resources Department and assist the Executive Director in decision making process with regards to policy and procedures, hiring, terminations, benefits, etc., as necessary; Process payroll and prepare reports for monthly and quarterly federal and state tax payments and make deposits; Maintain employee files to ensure compliance with agency policy.
• Inventory control of office/shelter assets and office/shelter supplies for yearly audit.
• Oversee log books for Agency in kind donations
• Provide on-call coverage for Emergency Shelter as needed.
• Perform any additional duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
• Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
• Experience managing contracts, budgets, and financial reports.
• Knowledge of fiscal controls related to the safeguarding of institutional funds.
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
• Proficient in QuickBooks; Strong computer literacy, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Access.
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
• Experience working with non-profits
• Must have excellent planning and organizational skills; Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
• Must be able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with in-kind donors.
• Must possess excellence in the following skills areas: written, verbal and visual communications; interpersonal; problem solving; analytical; planning and implementation; public speaking and presentation; organizing, prioritizing and detail-tracking in a multi-project environment; working independently while working collaboratively.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience required, preferably management level.
• Bachelor degree from a four year college or university in Accounting or Finance.
• Punctual, meticulous and reliable
• Courteous manners with the public
• Ability to physically perform the essential job functions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, database and web-based applications.
This is not an exclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological development).
Forsyth County Family Haven, Inc. is an at-will employer. This means you are free to terminate your employment with Forsyth County Family Haven, Inc. at any time, with or without reason and Forsyth County Family Haven, Inc. has the right to terminate your employment at any time, with or without reason. Although Forsyth County Family Haven, Inc. may choose to terminate employment for cause, cause is not required. Apart from the policy of at will employment and those policies required by law, Forsyth County Family Haven, Inc. may change its policies or practices at any time without further notice.