Assessment Officer/Academic Advisor
Columbia College Hollywood seeks individual to perform the dual roles of Assessment Officer and Academic Advisor reporting to the Dean of the College. Successful candidate will have significant experience in regional accreditation requirements and processes, academic advising, excellent written and oral communication skills, and an uncompromising commitment to accuracy and presentation quality. WASC experience preferred.
Assessment Officer Duties:
• Plays a leadership role in developing a campus-wide culture of assessment that results in the continuous improvement of student learning while meeting accreditation purposes.
• Works with faculty toward the development of documents to include: Academic Plan; Program Review Handbook; Assessment Strategies; Assessment tools of rubrics, matrices, and mapping, as applicable.
• Reviews and updates of program syllabi and outlines as applicable.
• Assists in building and sustaining a “culture of evidence” documenting student learning and in contributing the College mission toward effective learning.
• Authors or co-authors with the Dean of the College all written and web-based reports for both internal and external constituents documenting assessment results and quality improvements.
• Provides expertise, training, and support for the Dean of the College, Academic Review Board, Academic Council, and faculty to plan, implement, and evaluate meaningful assessment activities to enhance student learning at the College.
• Works closely with faculty to formulate and refine student learning outcomes on the course, program, and institutional level, and in selecting appropriate measures for student learning outcomes.
• Participates, as needed, in policy development and implementation and in academic long-range planning related to educational effectiveness.
• Will aid in enhancing and assessing the general education program of the College.
• Plays a key role in communicating the College’s ongoing assessment efforts and resulting program changes and improvements to accrediting agencies.
• Is a member of the Student Success, and Accreditation Steering committees.
• Promotes educational innovation.
• Work closely with students on Major selection and course selections to achieve success.
• Responsible for understanding the direction and policies of such so to properly advise, and register students.
• Monitor student progress to advise and inform students of progress toward graduation requirements.
• Speak to incoming students and their parents prior to matriculation to answer questions and provide information about upcoming academic schedules.
• Work to create an atmosphere conducive to learning.
• Communicate with new admitted students, in advance of enrollment, to establish and advising rapport as directed by Admissions and stated guidelines.
A master’s degree, Ph.D., or Ed.D. in higher education administration, assessment, or related area is expected. Experience in the development and application of assessment and evaluation methods in a collegiate setting is required, with at least five years experience in higher education, including strategic planning, student learning outcomes assessment, faculty development, and other related experiences.
Successful candidate will have knowledge of the workings and production of the entertainment industry (film, television, and emerging media) is helpful though not required.
Please send cover letter and CV. Please No Phone Calls.
Columbia College Hollywood is an equal access/equal opportunity employer that makes employment and education-related decisions without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or any other bias that is prohibited by law.