The Foundation Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Director and the Secretary of the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for answering telephone calls, receiving visitors and reading correspondence and e-mails. The Foundation Assistant prepares correspondence, presentations, charts and spreadsheets and coordinates calendars and schedules.
This position interacts with senior executives, medical staff, board members, donors, business and social leaders and civic groups. The Foundation Assistant works with confidential and sensitive information, documents and correspondence.
The Foundation Assistant is supervised by Director of Development Operations and completes all core competencies and job specific competencies as specified in the employee’s skills checklist.
SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Receives visitors, answers general department calls and the Board Secretary’s calls, emails and correspondence and directs inquiries to appropriate personnel or personally responds in a timely manner;
2) Provides administrative support to Executive Director and Board Secretary including filing and photocopying documents and arranging conference calls, transcribe notes, typing letters and general correspondence, proof documents and prepare reports.
3) Maintaining the Board Secretary and Executive Director’s calendars and coordinates appointments.
4) Processes and maintains department expense reports and invoices.
5) Researches, compiles and assimilates confidential information and documents prepared for executive signature.
6) Makes travel arrangements.
7) Coordinates civic and professional organization activities,
8) Organizes meetings and special functions for Department, as well as for external groups.
9) Assists with personal errands, when appropriate.
10) Provides administrative support and manages special projects for department as requested.
11) Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Four year degree from an accredited college, preferred
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience in professional office. Knowledge of standard office processes and practices. Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills. Familiarity with Atlanta business and donor community. Must possess outstanding organizational and time management skills.
KNOWLEDGE: Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience required; experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional, Publisher and Raiser’s Edge preferable. Typing at least 75 wpm with no errors.
Visit our website and apply on-line www.shepherd.org