SV2 seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial, hands-on Executive Director (ED) to lead the organization as we enter our 15th year, including managing all day-to-day operations of SV2 as well as interfacing with our nearly 200 Partners, supervising three full time staff members, SV2 Grantees, and diverse external stakeholders. ED responsibilities include working with board and governance, strategic planning and execution, membership and fundraising, donor education, grantmaking and Grantee impact, communications and external relations, and operations. All of this work is in service of our overall mission and goals – to both empower our Partners as philanthropists and create positive social/environmental impact in the Bay Area and beyond through experiential donor education, grantmaking, and “beyond the grant” support to Grantees – while also maintaining SV2’s own sustainability and organizational growth. The ED will work in Partnership with our board and staff in service of our Partners’ vision, education, and objectives.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Board of Directors.
• Minimum of five years of experience of demonstrated leadership or equivalent in nonprofit fundraising, grantmaking and/or volunteer management required
• Demonstrated success leading and working effectively in busy, collaborative, non-hierarchical environments
• Ability to plan and think strategically while also executing effectively on tactics and operations, and the ability to make trade-offs with end goals in mind
• Able to work independently, take initiative and participate as an effective team member
• Passionate about leadership in service of our Partner-led and driven model
• Excellent written communication and public speaking skills, with the ability to facilitate, engage, motivate and inspire a wide range of audiences
• Build and motivate teams of staff and volunteers (donors)
• Strong financial and analytical skills, including building budgets, preparing board reports, overseeing monthly closes and financial scenario planning
• Impeccable organizational skills, with outstanding attention to detail
• Work with diverse people and groups and in multicultural environments
• Work with and be responsive to the needs of experienced donors
• Work evenings and weekends as required for meetings, special events, etc.
• Passion for community involvement and philanthropy
• Infectious enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit, strong charisma, organizational savvy, diplomacy and outstanding interpersonal skills
• Excellent judgment, flexibility, good humor, and humility
• Outcomes-based grantmaking and/or venture philanthropy experience preferred as well
• Four-year college degree required; advanced degree in business, public policy, or related disciplines highly preferred