Jerusalem House is seeking a full-time counselor for the Scattered Site II program. Under the direction of the Lead Counselor, the Counselor is responsible for providing ongoing counseling services to residents of the Scattered Site II program.
Qualifications: LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) or LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor)
Experience: Candidate must have:
• At least 2-3 years experience in the field and particularly doing mental health counseling with low-income/homeless individuals and families.
• Experience conducting support groups.
• Flexibility with scheduling (day/evening hours) to meet client needs.
• Self-starter and works independently.
• Enjoys working with diverse staff and client population.
• Provides counseling services to residents.
• Provides individual/group/family counseling to residents.
• Assists residents in goal attainment as outlined in the individual service plans.
• Makes referrals for psychiatric evaluations and inpatient mental health treatment.
• Provides psychosocial assessment and treatment plan on residents as needed.
• Performs crisis intervention services to residents and their supportive families as needed.
• Maintains ethical/legal standards in all interactions with courts, the general public and other agencies in accordance with established agency guidelines.
• Actively participates in staff meetings, individual supervision meetings, and community meetings with residents as required by supervisor.
• Completes all necessary case notes, assessments, treatment plans and statistical reports in the allotted time frame.
• Meets as scheduled with Lead Counselor for supervision.
• Performs related work and other duties as assigned.
Additional qualifications required:
• Certified knowledge of:
• HIV/AIDS and AIDS-related issues.
• Mental health practices.
• Problems, issues, and appropriate practices related to group-living settings.
• Community services available to people living with AIDS.
• Procedures and community resources available for emergency assistance.
• Ability to pass criminal background check
Demonstrated ability to:
• Anticipate, recognize, and effectively manage problems in a proactive manner.
• React quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
• Develop/maintain cooperative working relationships with residents, volunteers, staff, and community.
• Communicate both written and oral reports on activities, problems, and unusual occurrences.
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter via this site detailing licenses, experience, availability date, and salary requirement.
No faxes, phone calls or personal deliveries.