California Nurses Association/ National Nurses United is seeking an experienced Web Editor to work in its national Communications department in Oakland, CA. The Web Editor will play a key role in the organization’s online and social media work. He/She is responsible for maintaining the Robin Hood Tax and California Nurses Association websites, assisting with both local and national online campaigns and daily blog production. The Web Editor will also work closely with the social media specialist on increasing website exposure on social media platforms.
CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with more than 185,000 members in all 50 states.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
Website Maintenance & Development
· Manage the online editorial process by working with the social media coordinator and other staff members in developing web content, blogs, graphics and items easily shared on social media
· Maintain Robin Hood Tax and California Nurses Association websites and blogs by creating, editing, and updating content
· Proofread all online web and blog content
· Assist with development of online advocacy campaigns
· Act as backup to website specialist
· Make and implement recommendations on how to keep our websites relevant, organized, clear, well-functioning and user-friendly
· Conduct regular analysis of, and recommendations for, email campaign performance and online strategies
· Monitor and evaluate new standards and innovations in web technologies
· Conduct regular analysis of website traffic
· Troubleshoot site issues
· Minimum of 3 years experience as a web editor or equivalent
· Understanding of web editing and development applications
· Familiarity using Drupal, WordPress, ExpressionEngine, or other content management systems to maintain websites
· Experience with HTML and CSS
· Ability to embed multi-media assets
· Excellent writing, editorial and proofreading skills
· Understands social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc.) and how it can be used to connect with members
· Basic Photoshop experience
· Well organized, following naming schemes and style guides
· Proven ability to show initiative
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and successfully manage multiple tasks
· Attention to detail
· Quick thinker and problem solver
· Fast learner – the ability to quickly understand the organization and its priorities
· Work both independently and collaboratively
· Flexibility to work extended hours when needed
· Some travel required
CNA/NNU provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including full family and domestic partner coverage, medical, dental, vision, pension and 401(k).
Please prepare a Résumé, salary history, work samples, references and cover letter. Please follow link below.
Please no calls. NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women, experienced communications specialists of all backgrounds, to apply.
CNA/NNU is a union whose members and leaders are predominantly women seeking to empower and improve the lives of working people. CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives, particularly women, to apply.