This job is no longer available
Managing Director, Belleayre Conseratory
Belleayre Conservatory | Fleischmanns NY 12430 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/31/2012
Reporting to the Artistic Director (AD) the Managing Director (MD) will have operational and management responsibility for the Belleayre Music Festival including day to day administrative oversight, marketing and development, concert and ticketing logistics, financial management and overall execution of the Belleayre Conservatory mission. This will be done in conjunction with support from the AD who will have primary responsibility for booking, producing and managing artistic talent. In addition to working with the AD, the MD will manage office staff and seasonal interns. The MD will work with the Board of Directors through formal meetings, as well as day to day interaction with Board volunteers. S/he will initially develop: knowledge of current funders and additional funding sources; coordination and fulfillment of artist production requirements; regional arts partners; production management; marketing, operating, financial and ticketing databases; and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
• Manage finance and administration, fundraising, and communications systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals in a consistent, high quality manner.
• Supervise, actively engage and energize Belleayre volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction, assist in governance development issues.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain Belleayre Festival staff and interns. Maintain effective systems to ensure accuracy in all marketing, development and financial materials.
• Supervise and fulfill artist production needs as supplied by the talent and/or requested by the AD.
Fundraising & Communications:
• Expand fundraising activities to support existing program operations and future plans. This includes events, appeals, grant writing, donor cultivation, and donor database management.
• Develop positive communication with existing donors and work toward identifying and cultivating new donors.
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
• Represent the organization at all Conservatory events and local events as appropriate.
• Interface with local arts leaders and Directors of other non-profit entities within and without the area to maximize the Conservatory’s visibility and its relationships.
• Deepen and refine any and all aspects of arts marketing and communications from traditional media, web presence and social media to printed materials and external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand and maximizing Festival audiences of varied economic and social strata • Coordinate with Belleayre Mountain and ORDA marketing departments.
• Manage finances including accounts receivable and payable, including monthly financial reports for the Board.
• Assist in the development and management of the budget as approved by the Board of Directors.
• Provide financial documents to accountants and auditors and interface with them as required for monthly statements, annual audits and tax filings.
• Support the summer musical productions in coordination with the AD, interns, staff and volunteers.
• Ensure contractual obligations to talent including hospitality, travel, lodging, and back-line requirements.
• Interact with Belleayre management and staff to assure facility readiness for concerts.
• Provide support as necessary to ensure successful summer performances.
Planning & New Business:
• Build and maintain successful relationships with Olympic Regional Development Authority and Belleayre managers, funders and political and community leaders.
• Effectively communicate the strategic vision of the Conservatory.
The MD will be thoroughly committed to the Belleayre Conservatory mission. All candidates should have proven management experience. A background in the performing arts is preferred, although not required.
• A minimum of three years of management experience and strong track record in organizational leadership is required. Advanced degrees, such as MBA, MPA or MFA, a plus.
• Specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
• The proven ability to set and achieve strategic objectives, and exercise budget and financial management
• Strong marketing, public relations, grant writing and fundraising experience with the ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders and cultures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to provide persuasive and passionate interaction coupled with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people. Past success working with a board of directors.
• Computer and social media skills and experience, along with a working knowledge of necessary programs including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Constant Contract, Gift Works, Excel, Quickbooks etc.
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Please email letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
|Location||Fleischmanns, NY, 12430, United States|
|Annual Salary||$40,000.00 - $75,000.00/Yearly|
|Travel Required||10% of the time|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Certifications||MPA, MBA, MFA a plus|
|Contact Name||Michelle Sidrane|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Managing Director, Belleayre Conseratory|