Senior Regional Manager
Georgia Center for Nonprofits | -Multiple Locations- | Full Time | Posted: 06/14/2013
Senior Regional Manager
For 20 years, GCN has served as a cornerstone of support for the Georgia nonprofit and philanthropic community by delivering a wide range of services and support to sector professionals and boards that help them increase their management, governance and leadership capacity to make a bigger impact on their cause and community. We rank among the top state associations in the country and our mission is improving Georgia’s quality of life by making nonprofits more successful. For More info please visit www.gcn.org
We are seeking a multi-talented, seasoned, passionate leader who can help us achieve our vision of a thriving coastal nonprofit sector by establishing effective strategic relationships, leading initiatives, facilitating member services and providing technical assistance to nonprofit members in order to dramatically improve the management, governance and leadership of nonprofit organizations. The position will establish and maintain a highly effective and efficient Center office in the Brunswick, Georgia area. The organization is also prepared to offer a creative and flexible work schedule in order to accommodate highly qualified candidates.
This position may be well suited for those with a background in management consulting, executive education, nonprofit business development or divisional/organizational leadership.
This is a grant funded position.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; strong preference for Masters in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Nonprofit Management or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of senior-level program management or consulting experience; with strong preference for senior organizational leadership history in nonprofit or philanthropic organization management.
• Demonstrated history of managing professional staff and interns.
• The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the nonprofit, business, government and faith sectors within the coastal region of GA and preferably resides near the Brunswick, Georgia area (within 60 mile radius).
• Well versed in project management related software packages, including MS Project; additionally must be proficient in MS Word/Excel/ PowerPoint.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to translate complex concepts into succinct communications; public speaking.
• Ability to remain organized while managing multiple projects and priorities.
• Ability to problem-solve and develop creative solutions to obstacles or barriers.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to work with a diverse team.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
What you'll be doing:
Manager will plan and execute the following core activities:
• Work with a professional development team to conceptualize and execute an array of member services including training, consulting, special events and other initiatives/special project that will benefit the local nonprofit sector.
• Build strong relationship with Association members as well as establish and maintain strong networks in order to expand membership among coastal non-profits.
• Work with a professional marketing team to create and execute local PR/marketing strategy for key initiatives.
• Manage overall responsibility for daily office management requirements such as submitting AR/AP, submitting local content to website/marketing/PR dept., managing vendor contracts, coordinating and communicating with headquarters team, managing local staff. The primary office will be in the Brunswick, Georgia area, however, telecommuting, remote work or other flexible work arrangements will be also considered for highly qualified candidates.
• Manage local investor and stakeholder interests and achieve deliverables to same.
• Manage local advisory board and nonprofit collaborative teams, ensuring meaningful engagement, appropriate communications and accountability.
• Local travel to various nonprofit organizations and meetings (within 30 mile radius), with occasional travel into Savannah and Atlanta.
• Evaluate new business initiatives in terms of implementation effort, complexity, risk.
• Customer/member relationship management and membership recruitment/development.
• Review projects in-progress for issues and synergies and where needed drive additional resources to achieve results.
• Manage and enforce timelines and budgets.
• Enforce and enhance organizational policies, procedures, as well as compliance with various grant requirements.
• Maximize use of volunteers and local staff.
• Manage day-to-day activities for a team of 3 – 6 including contractors and interns.
• Mentor interns/fellows, providing challenging assignments and career growth.
What's in it for you:
• Competitive salary with opportunity for incentive pay. Or could be structured as a Long term contract/consulting opportunity (2+ years and can be extended further)
• Flexible work schedule
• Benefits: Health and dental coverage, retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time
• Dynamic, high profile opportunity to manage multiple business critical development projects.
If you're looking for a great challenge in a key management role, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Please note the following prior to applying to this position:
• As stated in the core requirements, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of the nonprofit, business, government and faith context within the coastal region and preferably resides in or near the Brunswick, Georgia area.
• Please no phone calls or paper applications.
• You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
|Experience Years||7 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|States||United States - FL, GA|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Senior Regional Manager|