This job is no longer available
America SCORES Boston | Jamaica Plain MA 02130 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
America SCORES Boston, a Boston-based non-profit providing academic, athletic and service-learning programming for over 1,000 inner-city youth each year, is seeking an experienced Development Director to lead its fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will provide oversight and leadership to the grant writing and events staff while directly leading the organization’s individual giving, major donor and corporate sustainable giving strategies.
America SCORES Boston partners with at-risk schools in the Boston Public School District to provide out-of-school time programming that combines academics (poetry & creative expression), athletics (soccer) and service-learning (service projects & social entrepreneurship). Through this unique program, America SCORES Boston inspires inner-city youth to lead healthy lives, be engaged students, and have the confidence and character to make a difference in the world. America SCORES Boston connects with students in the third grade and continues to support these students through high school graduation.
America SCORES Boston is the flagship program of America SCORES New England, Inc., an affiliate of America SCORES. Please visit www.americascoresboston.org for more information.
The Development Director is a senior staff role responsible for all aspects of fundraising and reporting to the Executive Director. The successful candidate will lead a talented fundraising team seeking to expand the philanthropic and foundation support for the SCORES mission and programs, with high priority given to our individual giving, major donor and corporate sustainable giving strategies. The successful candidate will refine and implement our strategy for cultivating and stewarding current and prospective donors, expand private foundation and corporate support, guide and support special events and provide overall leadership in development activities.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Development Director will:
• Support all fundraising appeals, visits and donor cultivation
• Create, lead and evaluate successful development strategies
• Execute annual development plans and meet targets
• Supervise and work as a team member with other development staff on all fundraising activities
• Provide leadership and oversight for the development team, including grants strategy and management, event planning, annual appeal and database management
• Identify, cultivate and steward new Board, Advisory Board and Event Committee Members
• Cultivate, steward, and secure gifts from current and prospective major donors
• Drive new multi-year and planned giving programs
• Expand foundation support and identify grant opportunities; assist with foundation proposals
• Identify and secure support for corporate gift and sponsorship opportunities
• Plan and manage reserve fund (planned) and capital campaigns (potential)
• Serve as staff liaison for the Development Committee of the Board of Directors
• BA required
• At least 5-10 years of professional development experience and demonstrated success in a non-profit development function
• Track record in leading individual giving efforts and securing major gifts
• Experience expanding and cultivating donor relationships over time
• Proven ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
• Ability to construct, articulate and implement annual strategic development plans
• Flexible and adaptable style
• Ability to work both independently and with others, engaging as a team player at varying levels within and outside the organization
• Positive leadership to impact both strategic and practical fundraising initiatives
• High energy and passion for the SCORES mission
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of donor database systems
Application Deadline: January 30 or until filled.
Desired Start Date: February or March 2013.
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary with full benefits package (100% employer paid health, dental, vision, STD, LTD).
Application Instructions: Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
|Location||Jamaica Plain, MA, 02130, United States|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Contact Name||John Maconga|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|