This job is no longer available
Major Gifts Officer
Share Our Strength | Washington DC 20036 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Share Our Strength, a national nonprofit, is ending childhood hunger in America by connecting children with the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, active lives. Through its No Kid Hungry Campaign®—a national effort to end childhood hunger in America by 2015—Share Our Strength ensures children in need are enrolled in federal nutrition programs, invests in community organizations fighting hunger, teaches families how to cook healthy meals on a budget, and builds public-private partnerships to end hunger, both nationally and at the state level.
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of major donors, securing gifts from new donors and increasing levels of giving from current donors.
• Increase revenue for Share Our Strength from current major donors and by identifying and soliciting potential new donors.
• Manage a portfolio of major donors, soliciting and stewarding five- and six-figure gifts and integrating event-related contributions into overall giving strategies according to donors’ preferences.
• Develop and implement creative cultivation and stewardship strategies, which may include program events, culinary events, and written updates. Involve Executive leaders, senior Development staff, volunteers, and program staff as appropriate, supporting them with briefings, talking points and other collateral as needed.
• Help to ensure full and effective utilization of Share Our Strength's Raiser's Edge database system by tracking and reporting all donor related activity.
• Prepare donor briefings, correspondence, and acknowledgements.
• Assist with strategy and execution of culinary events in key donor markets, which may include advising on locations, program content, briefings, and creative strategies to engage donors during the event.
• Stay abreast of Share Our Strength’s programs and activities, as well as hunger and nutrition community trends, in order to identify opportunities to secure additional funding, to share updates with donors and to engage donors in programmatic work, as appropriate.
• Represent Share Our Strength at organizational and external events as appropriate. This may include but not be limited to cultivation events, dinners and galas, donor and prospect meetings, professional industry gatherings, and speaking engagements.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including representing the donor development team on internal planning committees, multi-department projects, etc.
Reports to: Director, Major Gifts, Strategic Markets
Location: Washington, DC- HQ
• Bachelor's Degree, plus at least 5 years of experience successfully soliciting major gifts.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including presentation skills.
• Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multi-faceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, exhibiting grace under pressure.
• Experience planning and executing special events in entrepreneurial settings preferred.
• High energy and a demonstrated passion for Share Our Strength’s mission.
• Willing and able to travel.
• A sense of humor and an impeccable work ethic.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with The Raisers Edge preferred.
Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference job title “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line. No calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Location||Washington, DC, 20036, United States|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Major Gifts Officer|