Research Analyst / Statistician
The South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium, located within the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina is seeking a research analyst for their Office for Healthcare Workforce Analysis and Planning. We study the link between population health care needs and the current and future supply of healthcare professionals to provide services. Examples of our work can be seen on our website: www.OfficeForHealthcareWorkforce.org
• engage in all aspects of research related to the study of the healthcare workforce in South Carolina
• identify, create, and/or manage databases relevant to the healthcare workforce;
• use SAS software to manage data and perform descriptive/inferential statistics;
• use and/or design forecasting and trend models;
• create graphical presentations of data, including maps;
• create and maintain database documentation for primary and secondary data sources;
• work collaboratively with other office personnel and outside agencies
• Ability to operationalize research questions and apply appropriate analysis techniques
• Ability to use SAS software for analysis and data management purposes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with all elements of Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010
• Three or more years of experience with data management and statistical analysis
• A bachelor's or Master’s degree with a strong focus on social science research methods and analytics such as found in sociology, economics, social geography, epidemiology or business marketing
• A Master’s degree is preferred - Doctorates welcomed warmly
This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. MUSC offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, disability and long term care insurance; as well as flexible spending accounts and retirement plans. The pay range for this position is $36,840 - $68,160. Actual wage will be dependent on level of education and years of applicable experience.
A complete job description and application link can be found at www.jobs.musc.edu. Search on “Statistician III” which is the internal title for this position. All applications must be submitted on-line. Please do not contact the Office for Healthcare Workforce Analysis and Planning directly.
MUSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Supporting Workplace Diversity.