The San Francisco and Marin Food Banks’ mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. This year, we will distribute 45 million pounds of food to over 225,000 people in need. Our network of 450 partner agencies includes neighborhood food pantries, afterschool programs, AIDS service providers, domestic violence and homeless shelters, health clinics, job training programs, senior lunch programs, soup kitchens, and street outreach programs. Every day, more than 100,000 meals will be served with food from our warehouse.
This is a mission-oriented, challenging and friendly place to work. Our success relies on the people who work for our organization. If you would like to be a part of building a community where no one suffers from hunger, please consider joining our team of talented and dedicated individuals. For more information about our organization, please visit http://www.sffoodbank.org.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Food & Fund (F&F) Drive program is one of the Food Bank’s most visible and important campaigns, bringing in thousands of new supporters and a significant portion of donated revenue each year. Program participation ranges from individuals who sponsor a single food barrel during the holidays, to organizations conducting high-profile public campaigns with dozens of food barrels, to competitive drives such as Food from the Bar which contains a major donor component, to online “virtual food drive” campaigns fueled by social media channels. This is a mature program that still has potential for significant growth as we continue to shift the emphasis more towards fundraising, rather than food donations.
The Food & Fund Drive Coordinator works with the Food & Fund Drive Manager to implement the F&F Drive program and ensure its success. This position is primarily focused on coordinating the logistics of barrel deliveries and retrievals, providing excellent customer service to drive participants, processing enrollments, creating barrel actions, working closely with warehouse staff and providing logistical support for seasonal and on-going F&F Drive campaigns and third-party promotional opportunities. This position also provides comprehensive administrative support, including online F&F Drive tool administration, database functions, and file management for all food and fund drives. The F&F Drive Coordinator also serves as a key contact between the Food Bank and local institutions and companies that support us annually, and is responsible for making presentations and giving tours to supporting organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A) Food and Fund Drives Support
1) Coordinate F&F Drive program. Publish schedule of featured drives, coordinate with appropriate departments, including volunteer services, communications and operations/warehouse, provide customer service to external food drive coordinators, and enter barrel actions.
2) Coordinate outreach for F&F Drives. Create mailings and follow up with prospective donors to enroll congregations, companies, and schools in food drives while communicating the mission, goals and needs of the Food Bank. Fulfill requests for information via online registrations, telephone conversations, in-person visits, and written and email correspondence.
3) Collaborates with F&F Drive Manager in developing strategy and plans and overseeing the execution of major campaigns such as Food from the Bar and the holiday drives as well as drives sponsored by groups such as the SF Giants, Boy Scouts and others.
4) Provide logistical and administrative support for F&F Drives. Work with the F&F Drive Manager to develop and implement campaign timelines, identify potential community partners, and represent the Food Bank at meetings and events, as requested.
5) Work with the F&F Drive Manager to develop new fundraising and food raising campaigns. Create, coordinate, and evaluate cause-related marketing promotions.
6) Collaborates with F&F Drive Manager to track and analyze campaign data and donor feedback to discern lessons learned and develop program improvements.
7) Provide support as needed to Marin warehouse F&F Drive staff as well as seasonal temp employees.
8) Help to maintain the F&F Drive section of the Food Bank’s web site (www.sffoodbank.org) and assist with marketing activities and social media outreach as needed.
9) Special projects as assigned.
B) Data Entry, Database Management, and Online Tool Administration
1) Manage scheduling of food collection barrel deliveries and pick-ups. Work with warehouse management and drivers to ensure efficient processing of requests. Generate orders, summary reports and results using Raisers Edge and MS Excel.
2) Oversee and administer function of online F&F Drive tool in partnership with F&F Drive Manager, including exporting new accounts, data entry into Raiser's Edge, and importing results into online tool.
3) Performs quality checks to ensure that donor registrations, barrel request and gift processing conform to departmental standards. Ensures that electronic and paper records are kept up to date.
4) Coordinate gift acknowledgment process for food and fund drives. Use Raisers Edge, Word and Excel to generate acknowledgment/thank you letters and other correspondence. Ensure letters are produced, signed, and mailed promptly. Maintain appropriate records and files.
5) Maintain relevant food drive and events information in Raiser’s Edge database. Maintain and produce barrel action summary reports, poundage reports, barrel pickup and delivery forms, list segmentation, file corrections and re-mailings, and scripting (querying) records. Working within framework established by database administrator, keep donor records current and accurate.
6) Special projects as assigned.
1) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2) 2 years events coordination, fundraising or relevant experience.
3) Strong PC skills including knowledge of MS Windows, Office and database management experience. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is preferred.
4) Excellent customer service, organizational, writing, and telephone skills.
5) Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
6) Ability to interact well with individuals (staff and volunteers) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
7) Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and demanding environment using good judgment skills while providing quality customer service.
8) Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
9) Valid California driver's license required. Access to vehicle preferred.
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, flexible spending and employer-paid retirement plan. Generous holiday and vacation schedule.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Food & Fund Drive Coordinator Search
San Francisco & Marin Food Bank
900 Pennsylvania Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94107
(Please include “Food & Fund Drive Coordinator” in the subject line of your email)
The Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.