This job is no longer available
United Way of Greater Atlanta | Atlanta GA 30303 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Senior Director of Development, Workforce Campaign
Posting Deadline: Until Filled
The Development Officer will maintain and build relationships in assigned workforce counties/unit(s). Their objective is to raise dollars, achieving annual goals, and identify opportunities for growth in existing and new campaigns while utilizing volunteers and community stakeholders to achieve goals. This position will also seize opportunities to partner with companies and engage workforce employees in United Way’s work year-round on specific United Way Community Engagement strategies that may yield non-financial resources.
• Strategize with major gift officer(s) and to identify and develop high potential accounts/individuals to maximize giving.
• Manage county/industry accounts –includes year-round engagement of employees and raising resources in the fall workplace campaign
• Work closely with key volunteers and executives to plan & implement workplace campaigns and year-round engagement strategies in active companies
• Identify, strategize, and pursue new business accounts in county/industry
• Drive campaign unit(s) performance by developing unit strategy and completing unit business plans & key account plans. Utilize online research tools (Hoovers & Businesswise) and support from Research & Analysis Manager to ensure plans contain current data.
• Support campaign volunteers, gaining insight on industry/geographic strategies, and develop and implement peer-to-peer engagement of new and existing company lead executives
• Ensure accounts are aware of campaign best practices by continuously promoting campaign training, online resources, and assistance available through staff support.
• Engage companies year round strategically by ensuring top & high potential accounts participate in donor engagement activities (i.e. Celebrating Success, Shoe Box, Street to Home, Annual Meeting, etc.)
• Manage campaign reports on a weekly basis, maintaining accurate data, updating corporate contact data, donor detail information and unit projections/total-in. Also, cross-reference assigned account totals with department reports (i.e. Recap, Over/Under, New Business). Follow-up with Pledge Processing as necessary to ensure processed accounts reflect audit paper work and envelopes are completed correctly.
• Investigate campaign results that have not arrived through the local campaign manager or United Way online.
• Effectively manage loaned executives.
• Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree a plus
• 3-5 years fundraising or sales experience with excellent communication skills
Skills and Abilities Requirements
• Ability to plan strategically, set priorities, multi-task, plan work, design approaches, and close commitments
• Ability to set and reach specific goals
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to create meaningful relationships (inside and outside of UWGA)
• Ability to analyze numbers for discovery and planning purposes & maintain CRM records.
• Strong teambuilding and partnership skills
• Strong communication, presentation & interpersonal skills
• Able to retain and grow donor base
• Use of personal vehicle required
• Volunteer management experience a plus
• Ability to recruit, work with, lead and support campaign volunteers
• Ability to strategically plan, implement, and organize,
• Ability to develop and maintain an accurate database
• Proven ability to interact favorably with constituents
Send Resumes: ATTN: Development Officer
United Way Metro Atlanta
100 Edgewood Avenue, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30303, United States|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Development Officer|