This job is no longer available
Regional Office Coordinator
United Way of Greater Atlanta | Atlanta GA 30303 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
Regional Office Coordinator
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Regional Director
Posting Deadline: Until Filled
The Regional Office Coordinator will manage daily operations of regional county office, including building management, information/referral, and volunteer resources, community involvement (as appropriate), coordinate the activities related to Advisory Board and Committees (campaign, engagement).
• Serve as initial contact for county community questions, i.e. 211, funding inquiries, grantee questions, volunteer opportunities, employment, and refer appropriately.
• Assess and maintain the inventory, purchasing and conservation of office supplies and resources.
• Develop, implement and maintain central filing system for county office such as; contracts, legal, fiscal, administrative, historical and statistical records
• Arrange building maintenance as necessary
• Assist with accounting including coding of invoices and forwarding to accounts payable
• Prepare routine correspondence, memos, reports mailings etc.
• Meet with Regional Director(s) to go over status of assigned projects, manage region calendars, upcoming events and to inform of pertinent information weekly
• Have knowledge of Regional Directors(s) activities and keep him/her advised of oncoming deadlines.
• Assume other responsibilities as requested
• Manage special events to include board retreats, volunteer appreciations, leadership events, and campaign kick-off
• Working along with Regional Director(s) & staff, the event management will include planning and implementation and negotiating with vendors for said events
Advisory Board and Committee Organization
• Organize logistics, scheduling, communication and follow up of meetings. Assist in the preparation, collection and distribution of materials for meetings and mailings
• Record and transcribe minutes for Board and Committee meetings
• Confirm attendance of board and committee meetings
• Attend meetings
• Maintain current roster with contact information for Board and each committee
• Organize preparation of community meetings
• As appropriate, organize with facilitation community meetings in conjunction with Community Engagement (CE)
• As appropriate, represent UWMA on local civic committees, neighborhood committees, government committees
Community Investment Facilitation
• Assist with volunteer recruitment and training for Local Investment Group (LIG) in conjunction with CE
• Assist in preparation of spring and fall site visit schedule and wrap up meeting schedules in conjunction with CE
• Make site visits as appropriate in conjunction with CE
• Schedule meetings, send notices and appropriate materials to LIG for Basic and Human Care county funds
• Attend meetings of LIG for Basic and Human Care county funds
• Prepare/maintain spreadsheet indicating Basic and Human Care committee funding recommendations for Board and CIC
• As appropriate, prepare correspondence, charts, memos etc., provide maintenance of records in ANDAR and CRM
• Represent UW in the community as appropriate, i.e. serve as committee member of community organizations, civic clubs etc.
• Serve on appropriate internal committees
• Some college or business school preferred
• Two years experience office management or related occupation
Skills and Abilities Requirements
• Organization, project management and relationship management skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as database management.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and work in a high pressure multi-task environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to relate effectively to various United Way constituencies
• A team player willing to lend support in campaign, community investments and community building activities.
• United Way and/or non-profit knowledge
• Ability to represent UWGA in outside meetings as needed
• Experience organizing special events
• Ability to work with volunteers
Send Resumes: ATTN: Regional Office Coordinator
United Way Metro Atlanta
100 Edgewood Avenue, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30303, United States|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Regional Office Coordinator|