The Family Planning Council is a private, non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Council's mission is to ensure access to high quality, comprehensive, reproductive and related health and prevention services to primarily low-income individuals and families. The Council develops, manages, and promotes programs that are innovative, research-based and responsive to women, men and adolescents. In fulfilling this mission, the Council provides financial and other support to a wide range of organizations throughout the five-county Philadelphia region. Learn more about the Council at: www.familyplanning.org.
We have an immediate full-time opportunity for a Communications & Community Engagement Manager to join our team! Under the direction of the Program Development Director, this position manages communications regarding implementation of Family Planning Council’s strategic plan and strategic initiatives to internal and external stakeholders, as well as assists senior leadership in a range of functions that fulfill the policy, strategic relationships, and resource development goals of the organization.
• Research, evaluate, and communicate to internal stakeholders: community needs and relevant sexual and reproductive health services (SRHS) policies and issues in a timely manner.
• Work with Directors to develop and implement a comprehensive city, regional, and national policy agenda to advance SRHS goals.
• Create and maintain online policy/issue advocacy toolkits that can be used by external stakeholders to increase visibility and advocacy around key SRHS issues.
• Research and assess potential government and foundation funding opportunities and make recommendations to Program Directors about these opportunities.
• Develop and utilize tracking system (database) for monitoring and reporting on grant submissions.
• Assist in development and execution of organization-wide communications and community relations plan that utilizes traditional and new media (web-based) channels for education, advocacy, and fundraising purposes.
• Serve as point person for consultant-led rebranding project, helping to create a cohesive, compelling brand identity for the organization.
• Produce traditional and new media content for fundraising, outreach, advocacy and issue campaigns that will increase visibility of FPC and its programs and will further implementation of strategic goals.
• Develop and implement an effective traditional and new media communications distribution process.
• Cultivate relationships with key media contacts and key SRHS influencers on social media channels.
• Identify key community coalitions and groups and foster collaborations in support of SRHS goals.
• Provide media training/coaching to staff, and other relevant stakeholders as required.
• Develop policy briefs, backgrounders and talking points for media interviews, event speeches, and other community engagement opportunities.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in communications, public administration, public policy, or related public health field.
• Minimum 3 years of community relations and communications experience, preferably in public health.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills including public presentation skills and techniques and production of health promotion materials.
• Technical experience developing media communications plans and utilizing social media technologies.
• Experience in analyzing technical medical and health information and communicating information to non-technical audiences.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local policies and regs applicable to contemporary health issues.
• Ability to utilize quantitative and qualitative methodologies to develop and assess program metrics.
• Demonstrated skills in HTML coding, CRM, and other website production software preferred.
We are located at 1700 Market Street, 18th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19103. The Council offers a comprehensive benefits package, effective at date of hire, which includes medical, dental, retirement, life and disability insurance. The Council is on public transportation routes; supports flexible work schedules for employees and is a business casual dress environment. If you are interested, please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.