This job is no longer available
United Way of Greater Atlanta | Atlanta GA 30303 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Posting Deadline: Until Filled
The position works closely with the Vice President, Marketing & Communications and exists to aid the VP in advancing activities critical to expanding resources to support the Marketing & Communications work of UWGA. Working in this capacity will require the incumbent to provide dynamic support and champion a variety of initiatives which range from day to day administrative activities to working independently and taking ownership of an assortment of specific special projects and activities.
• Serve as the key day to day support person for the VP, Marketing & Communications
• Support VP’s efforts to maintain effective interaction with key internal and external stakeholders and other potential sources to ensure timely and coordinated interaction
• Strong project management skills and ability to drive and manage departmental work, including work flow, tracking, monitoring, delivery and completion of projects working with agencies and internal departments
• Experienced and technologically savvy - familiarity with various social media channels, email service providers, i.e., Constant Contact, able to provide web support and content updates to organizational website utilizing SharePoint
• Write various communications including correspondence, newsletters, web and social media content
• Interface with executive level Volunteer Committee; support committee meetings, communications and updates
• Serve as the “Office Manager” for the Marketing & Communications Department. This will encompass budget support, departmental supply requisitions, inventory management and overall departmental support to ensure compliance with UWGA financial and administrative guidelines
• Interface with external agencies including advertising and digital agencies
• Account management and event support as required
College degree preferred but related work experience will also be considered.
Past experience working in a nonprofit or comparable business (i.e. marketing/ and or communications) setting preferred.
Skills and Abilities Requirements
Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Be proficient in using various online business and analytical tools including the Internet and the Microsoft Office Suite of MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to work effectively with a range of individuals from peers to the highest levels in the business, government and nonprofit sectors.
Editing, proofreading, English and grammar skills as well as experience with graphic software a plus.
Send Resumes: ATTN: Executive Assistant, Marketing and Communications
United Way Metro Atlanta
100 Edgewood Avenue, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30303, United States|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Executive Assistant|