Boys & Girls Clubs of America | Atlanta GA 30309 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/20/2013
Under the direction of the Vice President, National Strategy & Operations, The Operations Director is responsible for the following:
- Improve database management & analytics – Enhance capabilities to support analytics including modeling, YTD reporting, forecasting and pacing. Lead revenue modeling requirements for new revenue programs. Ensure data coding and entry is aligned with organizational revenue and staff performance reporting requirements. Enforce data entry, quality and integrity standards.
- Improve budgeting, revenue performance planning and revenue projecting processes - Establish standardized tools, reports and documented processes to ensure utilization of the database for all budgeting and reporting requirements.
- Develop a revenue recognition policy - Align with Finance and ensure adoption and implementation by RD, including clear accounting and reporting protocols for operational revenue and operational pledge payments.
- Lead a team dedicated to timely and accurate gift processing, donor acknowledgement and both historical and pipeline reporting.
- Communicate effectively with resource development staff to address reporting and database needs and provide training to the BGCA’s nationwide resource development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, and supervise assigned staff according to BGCA’s policies and procedures, mediating and consulting appropriate Human Resources staff as necessary.
- Supervise database team responsible for gift administration, donor acknowledgment activities, mailings, reporting, data entry and administrative support.
- Serve as a primary link to the IT team at BGCA, and with outside dbase vendors.
- Responsible for overall integrity and effectiveness of CRM database, including configuration and administration and data quality.
- Ensure proper gift coding structures to allow for necessary reporting, including but not limited to revenue, projections, and donor recognition.
- Improve database efficiencies via imports and global changes.
- Lead conversion of CRM database including management of vendor research, due diligence, RFP process and vendor selection.
- Responsible for ensuring significant workflow and system improvements. Manage training and successful implementation of cloud based solution.
- Develop, implement and communicate policies regarding storage and dissemination of constituent information to preserve and improve integrity of data.
- Identify, analyze and correct technical data processing problems. Conduct regular evaluation of reporting tools to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Propose improvements for user based data entry to ensure quality reporting data.
Training & Education
- Train resource development staff and implement proven strategies.
- Develop and maintain accurate end user documentation and training materials, including customized CRM training curriculum.
- Provide leadership for CRM end user group.
- Ensure strategic data management and reporting that facilitates fundraiser focus on moves management, supervisor management of staff accountabilities, and provides user friendly segmentation and analytics.
- Conceptualize, develop and pilot relational database structures and concepts for fundraising, financial and prospect management.
- Prepare custom and system generated analytical dashboards, reports and exports for resource development team to support fundraising objectives.
- Identify opportunities to improve RD performance, reduce costs and improve return on investment.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by the Vice President, National Strategy & Operations.
- Demonstrate BGCA mission driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. MBA preferred.
- Five years experience in resource development management role, with day to day responsibility for database software applications and analytical tools.
- Superior interpersonal abilities.
- Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to be tactful, flexible, and unflappable.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present to senior executives in a relaxed and convincing manner.
- Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize a large volume of work and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills including budget planning.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Aptitude for numbers; detail-oriented.
- Superior thinking and reasoning skills.
- Advanced experience with Common Ground cloud-based CRM software (or equiv.), Convio Online Marketing (COM), Conga Composer and Crystal Reports;
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel [including pivot tables], Access and PowerPoint).
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Normal internal office environment;
- Travel estimated at 15% required (can be 3-5 days or more in a month – including weekends - depending upon scheduling requirements).
- The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to navigate areas of the country or abroad by using a map or other direction methods.
- Ability to travel by airplane or car.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- High energy level, self-motivated, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities, good reasoning abilities,
- Sound judgment and the ability to work under time pressures.
- Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting for more than four hours a day and other physical requirements required performing the essential functions of this position.
- Normal internal office environment.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30309, United States|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|