Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (CRK) is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to advocate and secure the protection of the Chattahoochee River and its watershed for people and wildlife through programs in advocacy, education, community outreach, monitoring, research, policy reform and legal action.
Since 1996, CRK has operated a satellite office in Gainesville to serve the 1000-square mile headwaters region that drains into Lake Lanier, including the following counties: White, Habersham, Lumpkin and Hall. CRK is currently seeking a full-time Headwaters Outreach Director to manage our headwaters office and conduct programs in the region.
Working with CRK’s Executive Director and Atlanta-based staff, the Headwaters Director will:
• Expand our river monitoring, education, restoration and advocacy programs in the headwaters region, promoting CRK’s mission and goals
• Engage citizens and volunteers in CRK’s river protection work, to include: trash cleanups, paddle trips, workshops and social events
• Work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, landowners, businesses and other nonprofit organizations
• Expand CRK’s membership and help secure funds to support headwaters programs
• Help create and manage a Headwaters Advisory Committee
• Serve as a spokesperson for CRK and work with the local media
• Maintain an office
The Headwaters Outreach Director should have skills that include:
• An educational background in environmental policy, science, watershed protection and/or environmental education
• A minimum of three years of environmental advocacy/or education work experience, preferably on water issues
• The ability to think strategically and work independently
• Strong writing and public speaking skills
• A demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
• Experience in raising funds from diverse sources and grant aministration
• Boating skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package provided.
Apply with cover letter and resume by January 31, 2013 to: Sally Bethea, Executive Director, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper 916 Joseph Lowery Blvd Suite 3 Atlanta, GA 30318 firstname.lastname@example.org