This job is no longer available
Special Events Director
Partnership Against Domestic Violence | -Multiple Locations- | Full Time | Posted: 01/07/2013
Special Events Director
This position is accountable for coordinating and implementing cost-effective fundraising events. With appropriate volunteer support, this position is accountable for meeting fundraising goals and for coordinating and implementing assigned special events. This position acts as liaison between PADV, its volunteers, and the local community in which it serves by recruiting volunteer participation, corporate participation, and sponsorship within the metro Atlanta area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Have financial accountable for raising a minimum of $650,000+ annually through three key events: Hearts with Hope, Teen Summit and The Domestic Violence in the Workplace Conference
• Develop and maintain working relationships with corporate partners and organizations to raise funds. Actively participate in securing new sources of revenue as well as retain and/or increasing veteran sources.
• Develop overall plan and implementation for special events as assigned, including income and expense budget for the events, as well as volunteer structure.
• Recruit, orient, train, and monitor performance of volunteers to organize events that meet or exceed fundraising goals. Develop and implement events to recognize, reward and motivate successful volunteers.
• Manage and provide leadership to volunteer committees on each event in assigned area to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful event.
• Solicit new sponsorships.
• Prepare and maintain accurate records/data to evaluate cost-effectiveness, profitability and status of events.
• This position is a sales position with goals tied to meeting financial objectives.
• 3 +plus years of professional experience in fundraising with demonstrated success in special events (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
• Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor and volunteer relationships over time.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
• Should be able to demonstrate successful fund raising experience including knowledge of sales best practices and current trends.
• Must be able to read, comprehend and analyze financial goals and fundraising reports and also generate required reports on a timely basis.
• Must be able and willing to travel extensively throughout assigned geographic area and to work evening; mornings and weekends as necessary.
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside PADV.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• High energy and passion for PADV’s mission is essential.
• Cogent background check required.
To apply, select the "Click Here (apply to job)" link below, under Contact Information for Tyler Ramsland.
|Categories||Children's Services, Civil Rights/Social Action Advocacy, Human Services, Public Policy, Social Work/ Services, Women/Girls, Youth Services, Crime|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|States||United States - GA|
|Contact Name||Tyler Ramsland|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|