This job is no longer available
Operations & Business Director
Angelic Organics Learning Center | -Multiple Locations- | Full Time | Posted: 01/08/2013
Operations & Business Director
Reporting to the Executive Director and as a peer to the Senior Program Director and Development Director, the Operations & Business Director (OBD) will be responsible for enhancing the internal organization processes and infrastructure that will allow Angelic Organics Learning Center to continue to grow and fulfill its mission. With a staff team of full and part-time supervisees in multiple AOLC program and general service departments, the OBD will manage the following functions:
Operations - 35% (tasks relate to AOLC Depts. 603, 604, 605, and 607)
• Lead organizational reporting and monitoring: provide guidance and leadership through management of the AOLC metrics and measurement reporting process. Update organizational dashboard and coordinate annual organizational evaluation process.
• Develop procedures: Guide department heads and staff to proceduralize department functions and make positions transferable. Update and manage organizational procedures archive. Train staff on how to access organizational procedures.
• Oversee risk management and legal activities: letters of agreement, contracts, leases, licenses, certifications, and other legal documents and agreements.
• Oversee business insurance: procurement, monitoring and management. With staff, negotiate all insurance policies for the organization including fiduciary bonds, property and casualty, vehicle, worker’s compensation, liability, and other insurance required.
• Oversee Information technology – working with the manager of information technology, ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, and ASP applications
• Supervise all office management: oversee administrative functions for all AOLC offices, ensuring smooth daily operations of physical plant and equipment. Provide physical work stations and equipment for employees, managing shared telephone, cell phone, and copy machine contracts. Supervise all staff and volunteers involved in office management.
• Oversee all reception functions, including supervision of part-time staff and volunteers.
• Lead administrative staffing: Supervise administrative staff and volunteers by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Plan, monitor, and appraise job results. Coach, counsel, and discipline employees. Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
• Supervise all organizational procurement: Serve as coordinator of a central purchasing system for the organization and be the main contact with supplier/vendor contacts (public and private). Oversee procurement of office supplies for AOLC offices (Rockford, Chicago, and Caledonia).
• Supervise organizational document retention plan and administration: With IT and office staff, oversee Manage AOLC common electronic files online and hard copy files. Coordinate document disposal and retention. Develop document policies and procedures. Train staff.
• Lead facility management: Supervise facility maintenance at three offices, working with groundskeeper, AOLC staff, and volunteers.
• Provide staff support for annual board and staff retreats.
• Provide staff support to the Board of directors – working with the Executive Director, provide staff support and guidance to the AOLC board and act as staff liaison to relevant board committees
• Assist Executive Director with operations tasks as assigned.
Business & Sales - 35% (tasks relate to AOLC Dept. 507)
• Manage all farm product procurement and sales for AOLC. Manage billing of customers, inventory control, and training of seasonal sales volunteers and staff.
• Expand on-farm store at AOLC main office to include CRAFT farmer alliance products, and increase overall sales.
• Develop and implement marketing plan for AOLC products.
• Manage sales from AOLC store (direct and wholesale) and from online store.
• Work with and train on-farm program staff to expand sales of AOLC products to visiting groups and individuals.
• Prepare staff and volunteers for sales of products at off-site events
• Provide retail operation, marketing, and sales training to AOLC program departments with farm and value-added enterprises and help to harmonize and streamline systems with the organization
Financial Management and Oversight - 20% (tasks relate to AOLC Dept. 609)
• Working with the Accountant, oversee all financial and business planning activities with AOLC departments, including:
o Direct and administer all financial plans
o Oversee business policies and accounting practices
o Review and analyze financial reports at the department level and for the organization on a monthly cycle, and coach department managers
o Support and advise the CEO in decision making
o Lead and support organizational budgeting process
• Oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics.
• Coordinate overall financial oversight and monitoring with department heads and senior management team.
• Ensure that relevant financial data is reviewed and presented to the CEO and senior management team.
Human Resources - 10% (tasks relate to AOLC Dept. 606)
• Working with the Human Resources Director, oversee the human resource function for AOLC, including:
o Recruitment, hiring, and compensation
o Benefits administration and oversight
o Professional training and development, including new employee orientation and staff retreats
o Retention strategies
o Regulatory oversight and legal compliance
o Serves as Privacy Officer, coaching staff on privacy policies
• Ensuring that the human resource function is properly resourced and represented within the senior management team.
|Annual Salary||$35,000.00 - $49,000.00/Yearly|
|Travel Required||40% of the time|
|Certifications||Qualifications • Strong operational experience: ideally has worked in a senior management role for 5+ years in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading to at least three years experience in operational/administrative management • Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal • Skills should include organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning; demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage operational work that involves high levels of collaboration • Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team • Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of AOLC • Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems • Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MA or MBA, or equivalent life experience. • Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills. • Excellent writing and editing skills. • Experienced with Apple OS and Windows office suite, internet literate, and proficient in accounting software. • Ability to travel between AOLC offices in Chicago, Rockford and Caledonia, IL, as well as participate in occasional evening/weekend meetings and events. AOLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.|
|States||United States - IL|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Operations& Business Director|