Under general supervision, the Accounting/HR Assistant is responsible for assisting with the daily accounting and human resources needs of the organization. These include, but are not limited to, processing accounts payable, bank deposits, assisting with payroll processing using the ADP Workforce Now solution with Time and Attendance, and assisting with benefits administration. This position reports to the Director of Finance (an average of three days per week) and the Director of Human Resources (average of two days per week). With the Director of Finance and the Director of Human Resources, the Accounting/HR Assistant strives to provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy, timeliness, and compliance.
Accounting - Accounts Payable
• Process vendor payments weekly, ensuring timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices.
• Handle vendor communications, resolve any billing disputes
• Audit incoming invoices and other payment requests for appropriate coding and authorizations, routing as appropriate.
• Review credit card expense reports and petty cash replenishments requests for accuracy and completeness.
• Assist with preparation of annual 1099’s.
• Maintain vendor files, including contracts for services and paid items.
• Assist with quarterly reconciliations of payroll related Statement of Financial Position Accounts (Payroll Liability, Vacation Accruals, etc).
Accounting - Accounts Receivable
• Prepare invoices as needed.
• Prepare bank deposits and make bank runs.
• Maintain customer files.
Accounting - General Ledger and Other
• Assist in preparation of annual financial audit.
• Generate internal and external reports from accounting systems as needed.
• Assist in resolving discrepancies and irregularities.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Accounting/ HR - Payroll
• Reconcile voluntary deductions reports with payroll pre- process reports
• Verify timesheet approvals and run all pre-processing payroll reports
• Prepare offer and new hire packets
• Maintain I-9 files
• Respond to employment verification requests
• Data collection, preparation of employee census and other compliance reports as needed
• Assist in reconciliation of monthly benefits bills with HR and payroll
• Assist in scheduling interviews with candidates
• Benefits administration including process of new hires and terminations, coordinate notice with vendors and COBRA administrators
Education and Training:
• BA in finance, accounting, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Three to five years experience in accounting, including accounts payable and payroll processing
• Experience using ADP or equivalent.
• Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities:
• Basic understanding of GAAP and IRS regulations.
• Extremely detail oriented and organized and able to work independently and accurately under general supervision.
• Technology and accounting systems savvy.
• Analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills, which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting and/or processing.
• Ability and desire to translate financial concepts to individuals at all levels throughout the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are tactful and diplomatic.
• Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment, and respond to changing priorities
• Able to respond effectively to telephone and in-person inquiries.
• Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office programs required.
• Able to work at computer up to 80% of time; ability to utilize general office equipment.
• Position is considered to be sedentary and no unusual physical requirements are necessary to perform daily tasks. Position requires extended period of sitting, with much of the work done at a computer workstation. Stooping and/or bending may be required to perform routine clerical tasks, such as filing. Position duties may require incumbents to lift, carry heavy objects (up to 25 lbs.) on a non-routine or daily basis.
Special Environmental Factors:
• None. Position is indoor, office environment with moderate noise levels.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) references.