PPSP is currently seeking a full-time Case Manager in the Pregnant & Parenting Teen Programs to serve at the Vallejo Community Services & Education Center. The Case Manager will assist pregnant and parenting teens with completing their high school education; link clients to childcare, transportation and any needed community services; assists clients with obtaining Individual Service Plan Goals for themselves and their child(ren).The Case Manager will report to the CSE Program Manager.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position, working 40 hours per week including evenings and Saturdays as needed. Salary is $15.95 – $18.77 + bilingual pay differential.
CLOSING DATE: January 22, 2013
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Conduct individual intake interviews and psychosocial assessments with adolescent clients.
• Make home visits according to program Scopes of Work, face-to-face contacts with teens at community service and school sites when appropriate.
• Make contact with, and include as appropriate, parent, family and significant others.
• Maintain contact and work with County Employment and Eligibility workers to ensure client success in meeting program goals (Cal-Learn program only).
• Develop comprehensive service plans for each client which clearly identify goals, objectives, service needs and method of intervention.
• Maintain on-going contact with service providers in the community, e.g., mental health, substance abuse, Family Resource Centers, etc., in order to ensure service delivery, client progress, and assess additional needs.
• Participate in community coalitions, networks, task forces, and other community activities that relate to child and adolescent health and services.
• Attend regular staff meetings and training to insure uniform understanding of new or updated information, consistency in service delivery, data collection and documentation.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports, maintain client case records, and document activities as required by agency, funding source, and contract requirements.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
• Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver's License and insurance.
• Experience working effectively with culturally, socio-economically and ethnically diverse populations.
• Strong organizational, communication and crisis counseling skills
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus, but not required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
TO APPLY: Please email, fax, or mail your cover letter, resume and names of three professional references with their phone numbers directly to:
Attn: Human Resources
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific
2185 Pacheco Street
Concord, CA 94520
Please visit our website for even more information about us: www.pp-sp.org
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific is an equal opportunity employer and works affirmatively to include diversity among its staff and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, income, marital status or any other irrelevant dimension of diversity. PPSP values collaboration between employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences.