Founded as a supporting organization of The San Francisco Foundation in 2003, the mission of LCF is to build a better future for California by investing in Latino children, youth, and families. LCF’s current geographic scope is the greater Bay Area counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, San Benito, Santa Cruz, Sonoma, and Santa Clara as well as San Joaquin and Fresno in the Central Valley. LCF is governed by a 12-member Board of Trustees.
LCF fulfills its mission by making grant investments to Latino-based organizations and advocating for changes that positively impact the community. LCF has invested $2.1M since 2008 and is in the process of considerably increasing revenues and program impact over the next 3-5 years.
For more information, please visit www.latinocf.org
The Operations/Grants Manager will play a lead role in developing/ managing systems and play a lead role in providing operational and administrative support to the LCF team. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with operational experience and a proven track record of problem-solving and change management to join a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Operations/Grants Manager will lead internal operations with the following responsibilities:
• Coordinate operating plans
• Provide administrative support to program and fundraising activities
• Monitor key impact measures, delivering status reports to the board to ensure adherence to the strategic plan
• Assist CEO with human resource functions, including managing payroll, benefits, and performance evaluations
• Manage accounting services such as reports, grants payment processing, accounts payable and purchasing
• Oversee database and develop data reports
• Manage grants database and assist with administrative aspects of proposal preparation
• Coordinate website updates with web developer and email communications to stakeholders
• Maintain donor acknowledgement list and reporting
• Act as Liaison with The San Francisco Foundation IT and administrative personnel
• Minimum three years of administrative experience, providing support and working in a team
• University/college diploma, preferably in business administration
• Ability to anticipate needs and implement systems to enhance the organization
• Excellent judgment, creative problem-solving skills, energetic, and flexible
• Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
• Experience either as an employee or member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting
• Team-builder who has experience and is interested in scaling-up organizations
• Action-oriented person that thrives in smaller, hands-on, fast-paced environment and is not afraid to take charge
• Understanding of finance, systems, and HR
• Ability to write and speak Spanish a plus
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, looking to fill position quickly.
TO APPLY: Please email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, place in subject line: Operations Manager position. You may also mail resume and cover letter to the Latino Community Foundation, Attn: Operations Manager position, 225 Bush Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94104.
The Latino Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.