This job is no longer available
Manager, Executive Search for Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partnerships | Newburyport MA 01950 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/09/2013
Manager, Executive Search
Who We Are:
Koya Leadership Partners is a dynamic and mission-driven executive search firm dedicated to the non-profit sector. We partner with leading non-profit organizations across the country and around the world to help them find exceptionally talented leaders. Koya is based in Newburyport, MA, and has team members across the US.
What We’re Looking For:
Koya is seeking a strategic, persistent, articulate, and entrepreneurial Search Manager to work in close collaboration with our search Directors and Associates on all aspects of the search process with a special focus on sourcing, screening, and developing candidates. The Search Manager is responsible for managing the sourcing process, including the identification and assessment of external talent using creative, proactive, cutting edge recruitment and research tools. This position will focus on candidate generation, assessment, and relationship building to develop a pipeline of candidates for a portfolio of searches. This is a full-time position and location is flexible.
Who You Are:
Ideally you have previous experience sourcing high-level candidates, excellent relationship management, communications, and project management skills and a deep understanding and passion for the nonprofit sector.
- have exceptional organizational communications and writing skills
- are an amazing project manager with strong attention to detail
- are efficient, resourceful, and flexible
- thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- are an intuitive people person who strives to understand what motivates others
- have excellent research skills, including the ability to identify potential candidates from Koya’s network and proprietary database as well as through external research
- are comfortable making cold calls and quickly building relationships with people you don’t know
- are extremely persistent; you don’t quit when the going gets tough or challenges seem unsurmountable
- want to work in a small organization that values collaboration, innovation, and providing the highest possible levels of client service
The Search Manager’s key responsibility is to work closely with Koya’s Directors to understand our client’s hiring needs and then conduct research, outreach, and screening activities in order to identify exceptional candidates.
The Search Manager will:
- Work collaboratively with search and operations team members to meet short-term and long-term goals for searches
- Proactively identify talent by conducting advanced research across an array of public and private sources, including Koya’s database, the Internet, social media sites and tools, white papers, publications, and other informational sources
- Continually grow a network of talent through networking and relationship building
- Conduct informational recruiting calls and thorough interviews
- Produce high quality candidate profiles and other search-related documents
- Manage candidate relationships, ensuring consistent communication to build trust and facilitate the search process
- Maintain ongoing communication with candidate pool, providing updates and feedback as appropriate
- Coordinate Koya staff efforts to ensure quality and efficiency of search, including collaborating closely with Research and operations staff
- Provide strategic and administrative support to Directors for each search, including serving as a thought partner to Directors, a secondary client contact when necessary, and ensuring that Directors have up to date information abou the candidate pool at all times
- Ensure that all candidates receive regular, timely updates about their search status and have a positive experience with Koya Leadership Partners regardless of the outcome of their candidacy
- Work closely with Research staff to continually build and update our proprietary database of active and passive prospects
- Participate in internal Koya initiatives as necessary, including, but not limited to, staff meeting, retreats, and special projects
- At least 7 years professional experience. Previous recruiting experience a plus, a track record of successful relationship and project management required
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to conduct recruiting cold calls and in-depth interviews
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to produce compelling, error-free candidate profiles and other search documents
- Highly developed organizational and project management skills
- Strong research skills, previous experience with Internet and database research preferred
- The ability to inspire and motivate others, including internal team members and potential candidates
- Superb attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation
- Proven ability to self-direct and take initiative
- Solid technology skills and ability to work proactively in maintaining database accuracy
- Ability to execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; comfortable taking initiative and making progress amidst competing priorities
- Excellent team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment a must
- A desire to play a key role in a dynamic, constantly growing company that is committed to strengthening the nonprofit sector
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume here:
Koya Leadership Partners is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained search and consulting firm that works exclusively with non-profits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
|Location||Newburyport, MA, 01950, United States|
|Experience Years||7 yrs|
|Contact Name||Turner Delano|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Manager, Executive Search for Koya Leadership Partners|