Opportunity Fund advances the economic well being of working people by helping them earn, save, and invest in the future. Our comprehensive approach incorporates financial literacy, microfinance, and lending to build new community spaces. Opportunity Fund is a not-for-profit financial institution with a staff of 50+ people and an annual operating budget of $8 million. Our award winning programs have directed over $200 million into low-income communities throughout California and have helped thousands of clients improve their lives. As a leading microfinance and microsavings organization, Opportunity Fund has provided 3000 microloans totaling over $30 million, and has served more than 4000 individuals with financial education and matched savings accounts.
Opportunity Fund is seeking a qualified Reporting & Compliance Officer that will take ownership and responsibility for timely and accurate reporting and compliance for government contracts and awards, corporate licenses and governance, debt and investor covenants, and other external and internal stakeholders. The Reporting & Compliance Officer will also be responsible for performance management tools, such as balance scorecards and internal compliance. This is a newly created position that reports to the CFO (with dotted reporting line to the President and COO); this position will require in-depth knowledge of program metrics, outcomes, operations/process and databases/spreadsheets, and will partner closely with Program, Development and Finance staff to ensure accurate and timely compilation of program and organizational information that enables Opportunity Fund to maintain critical funding, loan capital, licenses and/or ratings
• Corporate Governance: Maintain all corporate governance documents, including articles of incorporation, bylaws, certificates of good standing, Board of Directors actions and resolutions, Board of Directors minutes, and other documents as necessary.
• Regulatory compliance: Perform analysis and interpretation of regulatory compliance requirements and develop related control recommendations. Review recent proposed actions by regulatory agencies to determine potential impact on company operations. Report regularly to senior management and/or board of directors on any potential risks or opportunities related to compliance Maintain calendar of all material compliance reporting and other requirements and ensures timely and accurate submission of same..
Reporting and compliance for government contracts, corporate licenses, debt and investor covenants, and other external stakeholders, including but not limited to:
o Government contracts, grants and awards: Manage all contracts with local, state and federal government agencies. Maintain compliance with all contract requirements, manage all timesheet and expense reporting and reimbursement, produce quarterly impact and performance reports, and manage annual site visits. Implement new processes within programs to comply with covenants where necessary. Gather relevant data from program database(s) and Finance team or payroll system, and partner with Development staff to maintain ongoing funding relationship.
o California Dept of Corporations Finance Lenders License: Prepare annual reporting and work with programs on audits to maintain California Finance Lenders License.
o Loan pool capital, PRI and EQ2 investors: Monitor quarterly and annual covenants and complete regular reports for all loan capital borrowed or channeled from banks, foundations, government agencies, and other investors.
• Audit Support, Financial Systems. Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s GL accounting software and other financial systems, with a focus on the data extraction and reporting necessary to support internal and external audits.
• Grant budgeting. Create income and expense budgets for individual gran applications. Oversee all grant budgets to monitor grant reporting intervals and adequate funding
• Managerial reports, and data analysis. Responsible for internal and external reporting and other performance management tools
o Create/compile quarterly organizational dashboard for board and staff meetings.
o Create/compile management reports/balance scorecards
o Generate ad-hoc data-requests from external stakeholders and internal customers
• Records Retention. Responsible for management and oversight of the company’s record retention program.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities:
• 5+ years experience in a reporting, compliance, performance management or auditing position
• Strong Excel skills. Strong financial database and reporting skillset.
• Experience with government contracts/funding financial and lending institutions strongly preferred
• Experience with Sage accounting software a strong plus.
• Strong communication skills and an ability to effectively work with internal and external partners
• Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented, mission-driven environment
• Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of Opportunity Fund
Compensation and Office Location:
• Opportunity Fund’s headquarters are in San Jose, with additional offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles- This position will be in our San Jose office.
• Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
• Medical and dental benefits for employee and family.
• Tax deferred 403(B) retirement plan offered (some employer contribution).
• Paid vacation (increased with tenure), holiday and sick leave days.
Interested candidates should email a resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , including how you heard about the position and “Reporting & Compliance Officer” in the subject line.
Opportunity Fund is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. www.opportunityfund.org