Breastcancer.org seeks a well-organized, highly motivated full-time Development Coordinator to support the Development Department with grant writing, project management, and events. In addition to researching, writing, and submitting grant proposals for local, corporate and federal funding, this position will work closely with all members of the Development Department to coordinate fundraising efforts including events for Breastcancer.org, and will lend support as needed with the Annual Fund Campaigns, Corporate Programs, Auctions and Gift Shop Programs. A minimum of 2 years grant writing experience is required, with knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Convio, and/or similar systems is preferred. Candidate must have a commitment to working with nonprofits and an appreciation for the organization’s mission.
• Research corporate, foundation, and government grants and maintain prospect list.
• In conjunction with the Director of Development and the senior management team, prepare and submit grant applications, manage the grant application process and facilitate communication between Breastcancer.org and grantmakers.
• Manage compliance with all grant requirements, as required by foundation/corporate donors and Breastcancer.org, including grant tracking and reporting. Ensure budgets and financial reports are produced in accordance to funder’s formats and submitted as required.
• Manage donor and grant information in Convio and Raiser’s Edge databases.
• Assist the Director of Development with special project and all donor relations efforts, including donor research, new donor incentives and acknowledgement programs .
• Provide support to all education, outreach and fundraising events. Act as primary administrative support for the Development Department.
• Maintain the Development Department calendar to fully coordinate development campaigns and initiatives, corporate and foundation grants, major donor communications, and event information.
• Act as liaison between Development team, Executive team and other Breastcancer.org departments.
• Assist in the coordination of volunteer activities.
• Support corporate outreach directly associated with fundraising & educational events.
• Attend conferences and events as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or related field.
• 2+ years of grant writing and grant management experience; non-profit experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to write clear, structured, persuasive proposals. Strong editing skills.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work closely with dynamic team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Convio, or similar systems.
• Proficiency with MS Office required.
• Experience working with a Board of Directors and institutional donors.
• Working knowledge of Spanish a plus!
• Must be flexible to work some nights and weekends and travel to conferences when necessary.
Reports to: Director of Development