This job is no longer available
Assistant Program Manager
Corporation for Supportive Housing | New York NY 10004 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/18/2013
Assistant Program Manager (APM)
Consulting & Training
The Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) is a national, nonprofit organization that helps communities create permanent housing with services to prevent and end homelessness. CSH advances its mission by providing high-quality advice and development expertise, by making loans and grants to supportive housing sponsors, by strengthening the supportive housing industry, and by reforming public policy to make it easier to create and operate supportive housing. CSH delivers its core services primarily through staff stationed in 21 locations nationally. CSH also operates targeted initiatives and capacity building efforts in many other communities.
Consulting & Training (C&T)
CSH Consulting & Training is responsible for securing and staffing fee-for-service contracts across the country. C&T works with local and national teams to develop policies and programs to help end homelessness in communities through systems change and capacity building. We also work closely with government and the non-profit sector to ensure creation of quality supportive housing. The C&T team provides individualized training and technical assistance to communities and providers and through the national HUD TA contract. Internally, we collaborate closely with executive staff, national offices and regional teams. We take this collaborative spirit to our external partners as well.
Current projects for the C&T team include but are not limited to HUD Technical Assistance; Ten Year planning and systems change work in a variety of urban, suburban and rural communities; HEARTH policy work; Supportive Housing Institutes and Academies; Dimensions of Quality training; one through direct technical assistance and training; other 1-day trainings; and other technical assistance projects.
CSH is seeking to fill one beginning level professional position with the Consulting & Training Team. Ideal candidates will be responsible for assuring that we deliver creative and effective materials, and that we have efficient procedures, high quality products and assets. CSH seeks individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are organized, efficient, and eager to learn. The Consulting and Training team is supported by contracts with external agencies and organizations. This position is a 12-month contract position and is renewable pending CSH’s ability to secure new contracts and/or grant support. This position is located in Chicago or New York.
Under the direction of the C&T Director and CSH project managers, the Assistant Program Manager will provide support in two main categories – team operations and program/special projects. Responsibilities may include:
• Support Director with working on proposals including coordinating materials, researching information, editing, and final assembly of materials and information.
• Support the Director in contract management including invoicing contracts, processing vendor payments, providing reports to project managers, maintaining client information, tracking budget to actual on projects, and collaborating with the Finance team.
• Coordinate classroom and online learning including trainings, webinars, and conference calls. Work will include responding to requests, coordinating with trainers, venue selection, outreach, registration, evaluations, and technology logistics.
• Manage the CSH Training Calendar and materials.
• Coordinate communications tasks including web blog posting, updating web pages, press releases, newsletter updates, marketing materials, and other communications-related tasks.
• Maintain electronic records and files for all projects and trainings. Provide logistical support as needed to Director and project managers.
• Monitor and coordinate national reporting on systems change activities and training engagements.
• Participate in all C&T team activities including staff meetings, work planning, business development, and marketing.
Program and Special Projects
• Participate on and contribute to project teams as assigned. Tasks may include the coordination of and participation in technical assistance visits; drafting reports, policy guidance, and other documents and resources; and training design, development, delivery, and evaluation – as well as supporting staff engaged in such activities.
• Support project managers on current projects including developing written products such as memos, powerpoints, or documents; creating webinars; and technical assistance engagements delivering direct TA in communities.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. S/he will have a sense of humor, patience, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Specific skills and experience include:
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, coordinate efficiently, and respond quickly to changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and negotiate positive results.
• Strong math, interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work well independently and manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Ability to communicate clearly and simply, coupled with a strong creative sensibility and ability to think strategically.
• Ability to take initiative and pursue goals with minimal supervision. Comfort with working on a team that is “virtual” and does most of its work via telephone and email.
• Passion for the CSH mission and possess the leadership and management skills necessary to advance and realize CSH’s vision and further enhance the organization’s reputation in communities that it serves.
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary information.
• Willing and able to travel as requested. Travel schedule will vary based on assignments.
• Bachelor’s degree. Experience may substitute for some education.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest in the position to: email@example.com. Applications received by January 23, 2013 are assured consideration.
Corporation for Supportive Housing is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees, and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. CSH is also committed to a policy of affirmative action in the hiring of staff and encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities CSH serves.
|Location||New York, NY, 10004, United States|
|Categories||Community Improvement/Capacity Building/Economic Development, Housing/Shelter|
|Contact Name||Ethel Coffinas|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Assistant Program Manager|