This job is no longer available
Director of Business Development
Found Animals Foundation | Los Angeles CA 90066 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/10/2013
Director of Business Development
Department/Group: Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-Time 40+ hours/week
The Found Animals Foundation (FAF) is a cutting edge non-profit organization managed by savvy business and science professionals focused on social entrepreneurship. We are a well-funded start-up organization that takes pride in bringing together great minds from diverse backgrounds in our mission to reduce the number of pets killed in shelters. Our culture and work environment sets us apart from traditional non-profit start-ups and inspires our talented team to create innovative ideas and solutions to complex programs and initiatives.
The Director of Business Development works to improve the organizations industry position and achieve financial growth. This person defines long term strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of animal welfare and animal retail industries.
• Work with cross-functional team to develop revenue-optimizing programs and initiatives through sponsorships, cause marketing, affiliate relationships, and other partnerships.
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with current and future partners.
• Explore and actively pursue growth opportunities.
• Develop a comprehensive and aligned business development plan.
• Implement business development plan with collaboration of department leaders.
• Provide product management with market requirements and opportunities.
• Research vendors, assist with vendor selections and project implementations.
• Facilitate initiatives to ensure Found Animals Foundation is equipped with adequate infrastructure and processes to support growth for both the company and business unit.
• Make decisions on partnerships by assessing ROI, risk, and cost/benefit.
• 7 years minimum experience leading Business Development initiatives both on a strategic and transactional level; B2B required. B2C a plus.
• 3-5 years’ experience in the pet industry strongly preferred (pet products and services or veterinary).
• Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills, including report writing.
• Solid business leader willing to gain consensus while taking decisive action, snior leadership experience preferred.
• Expertise in project management and building revenue share models.
• Successful track redord in sales, marketing, and customer service, through use of exceptional problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrated experience in establishing new business relationships and expanding existing relationships for revenue-generating purposes.
• Experience working for a start-up company, rolling out or rolling up franchise operations.
• Ability to travel as needed to meet with potential partners, attend Found Animals functions, and/or participate in professional conferences and conventions both in California and nationwide.
• Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
• Motivated self-starter with great attitude, flexibility, and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Experience working with, and selling, to ad agencies preferred (not required).
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 lbs.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
• Rarely lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area required.
• Master’s Degree in business administration preferred.
Applications Accepted By:
PO Box 66370
Los Angeles, CA 90066
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90066, United States|
|Experience Years||7 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Fax||(310) 574-5799|