This job is no longer available
Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations
Odyssey Counseling Center | Atlanta GA 30337 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/15/2013
Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations
Odyssey Family Counseling owes its creation to a local citizens group that felt the need for a family-oriented counseling center in the South Fulton/Clayton County area. In 1972, this small but committed group raised $25,000 in start up funds to focus on helping adolescents and their families deal with drug related problems. The organization received an additional $65,000 emergency grant from then Governor Jimmy Carter and became The Odyssey. The center opened officially in March 1972 with two counselors handling 35 cases per month. From its earliest roots, Odyssey specialized in working with families, to resolve mental health issues, drug and alcohol abuse. It was one of the first such agencies to work with the entire family in a holistic sense. Family therapy is not so much interested in what goes on inside people as in what goes on between people. We have been serving our community for 40 years.
Our vision: Community-Wide Mental Health
The Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations will report to the Executive Director, working closely with the Board of Directors. The incumbent must possess a high level of strategic thinking to know the competition, prospect, and research, analyze and provide exemplary CRM. Responsibilities are to work closely with the program coordinators and translate their needs into provocative well written foundation and corporate grant proposals. This position will be responsible for monitoring trends and new developments in grant making protocols. We’re a small team and the incumbent must be a self starter, who can multi task, stay positive and tenaciously deal with the day to day surprises that come up. Development experience in the health sector is a plus and must possess a measurable track record.
Specific Job Duties
• Manage grant proposal and report calendar. Maintain current pipeline to reflect all grant activity in database. Make monthly reports to management and board
• Track current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensure stewardship to maximize the opportunity for continued funding.
• Identify potential new funding resources. Innovation is paramount
• Write, edit and deliver compelling proposals to all current and prospective foundations and corporations and public funders.
• Oversee narrative and financial reporting to foundation and corporate donors by tracking reporting needs, deadlines, and action items. Work with program staff to ensure that data tools ensure calibration of efficacy.
• Responsible for all online activity related to Development including social media, content management and ongoing updates of donor lists
• Lead efforts on data analysis and ensure consistency between grant commitments and annual progress on agency outcomes/performance indicators.
• Explore and creative opportunities to engage new corporate sponsors.
• Advocate for and represent Odyssey in funder meetings, and other key community-related coalitions and collaborative efforts as necessary e.g., United Way.
• 5+ years of relevant experience, in grant writing and grants management with a demonstrated success rate
• Polished oral and written communication skills (writing test will be given)
• Experience with budgeting
• Self-starter, motivated, flexible and able to take initiative in all situations
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills – develop outlines, timelines, boilerplate templates
• Strong interest in and commitment to improving mental health and substance abuse programs
• Bachelor’s degree
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office and Excel
• Expertise in the field of mental health a plus
• Understanding of funding landscape and relationships with local funders a plus
• Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills a plus
• Classification: Exempt
• Hours/Week: 40 Hours and some evenings for board meetings
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Benefits include professional training & development, medical, paid sick leave and vacation time
Odyssey Family Counseling is an equal opportunity employer. Aim High seeks diversity in its community and affords equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No phone inquiries, please.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30337, United States|
|Categories||Social Work/ Services|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Manager Corporate Relations|