Providing for Yosemite National Park is our passion and events are instrumental in accomplishing our mission of enhancing and preserving one of the most beautiful places on earth, Yosemite National Park. Through our events we celebrate and inform others about the importance of investing in our park for future generations.
The Events Manager designs, plans and produces events that provide impact, engage and inspire with small, intimate house parties, park project presentations and large donor social events. No matter the size of the guest list or the complexity of the event, the affair must delight all five senses while heightening the generosity and dedication of our supporters. With them by our side, we have completed more than 350 projects providing over $71 million to the park.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Events Manager reports to the Development Director and is responsible for the planning, organizing, executing and managing all Yosemite Conservancy events from strategic planning to implementation and follow up. In collaboration with the President and Development Department, this experienced Events Manager must have know-how in identifying and targeting the objectives of a gathering in order to strategically fulfill the purpose and exceed expectations. They also function as a resource and collaborator to other staff members, providing donor relations insight and guidance for our events. The Events Manager will bring innovation, seamless efficiency/organization and social professionalism to our events.
• Ensures events are successful, continually analyzing and reviewing results to fine-tune
for improved processes and outcomes
• Works closely with the senior management as well as Board and Council volunteers, and National Park Service staff to establish and monitor goals, objectives, guest lists, timelines, budgets and, when applicable, revenue forecasts for each event
• Ensures that events remain within budget; aggregates event data throughout the year for
reporting and budgeting purposes; determines an ROI by using Raiser’s Edge to track event results
• Develops and maintains all vendor relationships; negotiates contracts and monitors
• Recruits and manages Yosemite Conservancy volunteers throughout event planning and
continues to steward these Conservancy supporters while directing their efforts
• Orchestrates the events to ensure all goes as planned
• Ensures thorough follow up including: analysis of event, debriefing, documentation
using Raiser’s Edge, appreciation / acknowledgement to all key participants
• A minimum 4 - 5 years working in an event planning position, preferably in a non-profit organization
• Experience in managing, supporting and coordinating a team (co-workers, consultants, vendors and volunteers)
• Commitment to the mission, values, goals, and success of the Yosemite Conservancy; knowledge of and interest in Yosemite National Park
• Exceptional communication skills – intuition, grace under fire, sense of humor, excellent verbal and written skills
• Exceptional time-management, organizational skills and attention to details
• Ability to drive projects through to completion and meet goals/objectives within budget and time constraints
• Familiarity with a variety of software programs (Microsoft Office, Outlook, on-line event registration programs), experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus
• Positive attitude and a warm friendly manner
• Willingness to work evening and weekends in support of events, occasionally in Yosemite National Park or other locations outside the San Francisco Bay Area
• Occasional travel within the Bay Area and to/from Yosemite National Park; some weekend and evening responsibilities
• Predominately works at desk/computer workstation
• Requires some hiking on uneven ground while on trails in Yosemite National Park
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter with “Events Manager” in the subject line to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of responses anticipated, we cannot accept phone calls to the office. Thank you for your understanding. Submitted information will be carefully reviewed and the most qualified applicants will be contacted.
YOSEMITE CONSERVANCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER