The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) is seeking to hire a University Relations Manager at its international headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
NSHSS was founded in 2002 by James W. Lewis and Claes Nobel, senior member of the family that established the Nobel Prizes, to acknowledge the accomplishments of diverse high school and college students who have demonstrated outstanding academic success, leadership, and community commitment, as well as to foster their continued success. NSHSS members number more than 830,000 from 160 countries and range from high school students to college students to young professionals who demonstrate academic achievement and a desire to make a positive impact on the global community.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a strategic plan to significantly enhance and increase partnerships within the higher education community;
• Business development, specifically cultivating and stewarding partnerships with diverse colleges and universities both domestic and international;
• Manage current partnerships with 24 collaborating universities and develop ten new partnerships annually.
• Represent NSHSS at higher education and diversity conferences in the U.S. and abroad;
• Lead the planning, coordination and implementation of national member events, which may include special workshops, a college admissions panel discussion and/or a college fair, that connect NSHSS members with institutes of higher education as well as other NSHSS partners;
• Work collaboratively with the NSHSS team to leverage new and existing relationships to achieve broad organizational goals and specific revenue targets;
• Support other NSHSS related activities throughout the year; and
• Represent the vision and guiding principles of NSHSS and founders James W. Lewis and Claes Nobel.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience.
• Proven success in relationship management, fund development, event planning, marketing, sales, administration and/or business development.
• Strong work ethic, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Consistent history of delivering revenue in excess of targets and quotas.
• Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To apply: E-mail your resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com. Include University Relations Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please.