Under the limited supervision of the Senior Director, Partnership Marketing, the Director, Cause Marketing is primarily responsible for leading and supporting activities for BGCA’s national cause marketing campaign, supporting the execution of BGCA and partner driven cause marketing events and promotions, and assisting in day-to-day operations to provide the greatest marketing value to BGCA corporate partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the day-to-day process related to the design, execution and evaluation of BGCA’s cause campaign promotions and other cause related marketing efforts.
• Develop CRM proposals/presentations to support resource development team in pitching prospective partners with the goal of achieving incremental revenue and awareness building.
• Coordinate collaboration with other BGCA marketing teams/disciplines including public relations, creative, Web, communications, celebrities, advertising, etc. to produce comprehensive marketing strategies to build awareness and drive consumer engagement for CRM partnerships.
• Create best practice templates and tactics for transactional cause promotions (retail, product-related, web-based, events, etc.) to drive shared business and charitable goals for BGCA and its partners.
• Develop, maintain and review key marketing materials developed for cause promotion partners including but not limited to collaborative marketing plans, creative, logo/brand use, event outlines.
• Hire, train, supervise, evaluate and develop cause marketing staff according to BGCA’s policies and procedures, ensuring the overall smooth functioning of the Marketing & Communications department, and consulting appropriate Human Resources staff as indicated.
• Manage and maintain content and resources for all BGCA driven cause marketing online platforms including partner resource site, cause promotions micro site, etc.
• Work closely with resource development leads and account directors to ensure cause marketing partners are informed, engaged, acknowledged and cultivated.
• Engage and cultivate media partners through BGCA’s cause campaign creating “halo effect” and added value opportunity to secure additional corporate partnerships and revenue.
• Work in conjunction with public relations team to align media relations activities for cause partnerships and partner with account teams to identify potential CRM opportunities through existing and new partnerships.
• Integrate cause marketing promotions and partnerships across key BGCA marketing push periods—National BGC Week, Back-to-School, Day for Kids and Holiday—which includes collaborating with internal teams, generating ideas, developing partner communication plans, and producing custom toolkits for partners.
• Oversee assigned marketing agency relationships to deliver high quality cause marketing execution and partnership promotion.
• Coordinate with on-going cross-functional teams to guide integration of the cause campaign across the organization.
• Develop weekly and monthly update reports for key staff and partners as appropriate highlighting status of activities which demonstrate cause campaign media and marketing advancement and successes.
• Research and remain current with market place trends in cause marketing and consumer promotions to inform and support corporate partnerships.
• Perform special projects or assignments as required by Senior Director, Partnership Marketing.
• Demonstrate BGCA mission driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
• Bachelor’s degree or education/experience equivalency preferably in marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
• Minimum of seven years proven experience in marketing, consumer/retail promotions, cause marketing, event planning and project management in an agency, non-profit or related environment.
• Strong understanding of retail environments, marketing promotions, shopper marketing and consumer engagement programs preferred.
• The candidate must have demonstrated successful experience in leading, supervising and developing staff.
• Ability to lead and think strategically, demonstrate high standards of ethics and integrity;
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, strong verbal presentation and writing skills,
• Ability to work effectively with internal team members, professionals in the field and vendors;
• Strong account management skills to include concept development and experienced execution of consumer promotions and cause marketing;
• Thorough understanding of integrated marketing to provide added value to BGCA and partners;
• Proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and the ability to work effectively on multiple detail-oriented projects in a fast paced environment; strong technical and software skills.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
• Normal internal office environment.
• Travel estimated at approximately 10-15% (up to 2 - 5 days or more in a month, depending upon scheduling requirements).
• The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to navigate areas of the country or abroad by using a map, or other direction methods.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to clearly and concisely exchange ideas, facts, technical information and direction, in person, by email and by telephone.
• Physical requirements include: sight, sitting for at least four hours per day, stooping, grasping/motor dexterity skills, skills essential for successful communications, including speaking and writing.