About Horizons Foundation
Horizons Foundation fuels the LGBT movement by increasing philanthropic support for diverse San Francisco Bay Area nonprofits; strengthening organizations and their leaders; mobilizing donors and funders to inspire giving; and securing the LGBT community's future for generations to come through endowment and planned giving. Founded in 1980, Horizons was the world's first community foundation focused on LGBT issues. For more information about our programs, please see our website at www.horizonsfoundation.org. The foundation's offices are located in downtown San Francisco.
Horizons Foundation's Communications Manager is responsible for writing and editing a wide range of publications and editorial content, from grant proposals and newsletters to web copy and fundraising materials. This position also oversees and integrates Horizons' broader communications strategy, which includes outreach and connection with a very broad base of constituents.
Content Creation and Management: Develop compelling material for correspondence with current and prospective individual donors, corporate sponsors and foundation supporters including solicitations, proposals, research reports, publications, annual reports, and other content as needed.
Social Media: Increase organizational visibility and constituent engagement by designing and managing the implementation of social media campaigns.
Email and Direct Marketing: Creating and managing development and execution of email campaigns & direct mail pieces to maximize donor engagement, acquisition and retention.
Public Relations: Develop press releases, and secure editorial opportunities.
Manage website content; review industry best practices for websites, and implement improvements as needed. Drive & manage keyword generation and process.
Physical and Non-Physical Requirements
- Ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain consistency in the look, feel, and voice of all communications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
- Three years' experience in non-profit communications and/or development
- Commitment to and knowledge of LGBT social justice and the diverse issues and needs of the Bay Area LGBT community
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm a must!
- Unwavering commitment to quality and accuracy of written, verbal, and marketing communications; excellent writing and editing and proofing skills; must demonstrate a strong command of grammar and punctuation
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in online marketing practices including website management, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), outbound email techniques and practices including HTML experience techniques
- Familiarity with social media and a working knowledge of the following sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Wikipedia, Word Press and other blog technologies; familiarity with web content management systems
- Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to consistently prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and deliver high quality outcomes on time and on budget
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel & PowerPoint; strong desktop publishing highly preferred
- Ability to analyze situations, foresee and solve problems, and recommend solutions
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package available.
Submit resume and letter of interest to:
Communications Manager Search
Attn: Nikole Pagan
550 Montgomery Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94111
Or submit to email@example.com.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Horizons Foundation invites all qualified people to apply and strongly encourages applications from people of color, transgender people, and people with disabilities.