Associate Executive Director / Director of Marketing & Development
About APPLE FamilyWorks
History: Founded in 1978, APPLE FamilyWorks (AFW) established Marin County’s first parenting education center. Our Therapeutic Services group provides counseling and parenting education services to Marin County and surrounding county residents of all ages. In addition, our Psychotherapy Training Institute offers programs for those seeking licensure as Marriage and Family Therapist. Our Developmental Disabilities Services offers parenting and life skills coaching for consumers of Regional Centers in 11 Bay Area Counties.
Mission: Our purpose is to provide compassionate, comprehensive, effective, and affordable services that build essential life skills and improve relationships. Based on core beliefs that we are all interconnected and all deserving of hope and compassion, we serve people of all ages and circumstances, nurturing healthy connections to self and others.
Annual budget: $1.4 million
Personnel: Eight employees, eight intern therapists, health educator and life skills contractors, five members of the Board of Directors, and multiple volunteers.
For additional information, visit our website: http://www.familyworks.org
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director/Director of Marketing & Development (AED/DMD) will promote the vision and mission of the organization, provide leadership and strategic direction to our community outreach, marketing, and development efforts, and serve as chief liaison to contributors, community organizations, and government agencies.
Resource Cultivation and Marketing
1. Develop strategic multi-faceted marketing program and oversee implementation.
• Ensure branding and messaging consistency throughout all the marketing channels.
• Oversee the development and distribution of effective marketing, communications, and educational materials.
2. Develop long-term organizational sustainability through creation of diversified income streams.
3. Engage the Board of Directors and all other stakeholders in refining and implementing marketing, outreach, and resource development vision and strategy.
4. Attract financial support through solicitation of the Board of Directors, foundations, individual donors, corporations, and other entities.
1. Support the Executive Director in overseeing programs and staff and implementing long and short-term evaluation and planning cycles.
2. Collaborate in strategic and business planning, supporting prioritization and selection of projects, and expanding the reach and impact of programs.
3. Leverage programmatic content to maximize impact within budget guidelines.
Required Skills and Knowledge
1. Demonstrated ability to create and execute:
a. A comprehensive marketing plan.
b. A multi-modal fundraising campaign directed at individuals, corporations, and foundations.
2. Proven experience managing administrative functions, including maintaining appropriate documentation, and overseeing mandated personnel protocols and practices.
3. Experience with and knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting, and requirements.
4. Excellent communication and writing skills with strong attention to details.
5. Ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks on time.
6. Strong business social media skills, including Facebook, Linked In, SEO.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, donor databases, and folder management.
1. Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, economic, sexual orientation, and gender identification communities.
2. Able to motivate others, be an effective team player, and facilitate decision-making.
3. Enjoys being part of, and performs well in a small, very collaborative environment.
4. Strategic thinker who is results-oriented and a creative problem-solver.
Education and Required Experience
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (such as non-profit management, public administration, etc.) or comparable work experience.
2. Minimum of 10 years of progressive relevant experience, including at least 5 years in a leadership/management role in a social service organization with a focus on program development, fund development, program management and review, financial management, and staff supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits package including medical, dental, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to email@example.com.