FULL-TIME DEVELOPMENT/GRANT WRITER, San Francisco/Bay Area
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific | Concord CA 94520 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/12/2013
PPSP is currently seeking a full-time Development/Grant Writer to work from a PPSP San Francisco Bay Area location. The Development/Grants Writer, working closely with the development team and program staff, develops language for multiple fundraising purposes including grant proposals, stewardship reports, appeal letters, newsletter articles and sponsorship packages. Additional duties include managing proposal submission to selected government agencies, foundations and corporations, maintaining accurate and up-to-date institutional funder records in Raisers’ Edge, and routinely reporting on the status of activities and results. The Development/Grant Writer reports to the Director of Institutional Philanthropy and is an integral part of the Development Department.
This is an exempt, full-time position, working 40 hours per week including evenings and Saturdays as needed. Salary is DOE.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Independently writes original content for grant proposals and reports in response to a wide variety of solicitations.
- Prepares and submits letters of intent, reports, correspondence, and other fundraising-related materials such as brochures, annual reports and newsletters
- Works closely with program staff to develop proposals and reports.
- Conducts research to identify new funding opportunities from foundations, corporations, government funding programs, and other potential funding sources.
- Prepares briefing documents for senior staff and volunteer solicitors.
- Provides appropriate stewardship to funding agencies.
- Maintains tracking system for monitoring grants received proposals and reports pending, and new-prospect development.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years’ successful, results-oriented experience in research and proposal writing, preferably for a healthcare organization, or equivalent.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Development software (Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge preferred); Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver's License and insurance.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate well with staff, volunteers, and foundation program officers.
- Ability to work with program staff to develop an idea into a concrete proposal for funding, including a clear statement of need, program goals and outcomes, evaluation methods, and budgets.
- Demonstrated competency in developing complex charts and figures.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines with professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good humor and a willingness to deal with and be challenged by controversy.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Commitment to quality healthcare.
TO APPLY: Please email, fax, or mail your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples and names of three professional references with their phone numbers directly to:
Human Resources Department
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific
2185 Pacheco Street
Concord, CA 94520
Please visit our website for even more information about us: www.pp-sp.org
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific is an equal opportunity employer and works affirmatively to include diversity among its staff and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, income, marital status or any other irrelevant dimension of diversity. PPSP values collaboration between employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
|Location||Concord, CA, 94520, United States|
|Categories||Foundation/Grant-making/Philanthropy/Volunteerism, Medical Services/Health Care|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|