Causa Justa :: Just Cause builds grassroots power and leadership to create strong, equitable communities. Born from a visionary merger between a Black organization and a Latino immigrant organization, we build bridges of solidarity between working class communities of color. Through rights-based services, policy campaigns, civic engagement, and direct action, we improve conditions in our neighborhoods in the San Francisco Bay Area, and contribute to building the larger multi-racial, multi-generational movement needed for fundamental change.
CJJC is looking to hire a full-time Fundraising Manager to lead the organization’s fundraising efforts along with the Executive Director. Fundraising for our 1 million + budget, includes maintaining and expanding our foundation funding, government contracts, grassroots fundraising efforts and new earned-revenue project, Liberation Ink, that sells social justice t-shirts.
Responsibilities of the staff person will be:
• Coordinate the Fundraising Team meetings and work planning
• Lead and implement foundation, government and grassroots fundraising strategies
• Represent the organization for fundraising purposes
• Supervise Grant Writer and Grassroots Fundraising staff
• Work with Executive Director & Fundraising Team to identify new institutional fundraising leads
• Manage application and reporting deadlines to ensure organization meets all requirements for grants and contracts
• Work with Executive Director & Fundraising Team to implement fundraising framework and priorities
• Work with Fundraising Team to train and develop all staff in fundraising skills as needed
We are looking for someone who has:
• 3-5 years of development/fundraising experience
• Experience supervising staff and coordinating teams
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to manage a large body of work, attending to both details and the bigger picture.
• Proficiency in basic computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, databases
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus