This job is no longer available
NewBridge Cleveland Center for Arts & Technology | Cleveland OH 44118 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/14/2013
NewBridge Cleveland Center for Arts and Technology (Center) announces a search for an Executive Director (ED) to lead the Center in its next phase of development. Launched in 2010, NewBridge is the fourth replication of Bill Strickland’s renowned Manchester Bidwell Corporation in Pittsburgh. NewBridge provides after-school arts programming to high school students, and market-driven, vocational job training for unemployed and underemployed adults. NewBridge is a beacon of hope and opportunity that seeks to change lives by inspiring, educating and empowering people of all ages. In only two years, NewBridge has impacted over 500 individuals from across Northeast Ohio ranging in age from 14-65, and seeks to continue to grow its programs and increase the number of students served. Youth after-school programs currently focus on ceramics, digital arts, music recording and production and photography, and adult job training programs train individuals to become pharmacy technicians and phlebotomy technicians. All programs are offered at no cost to students.
The ED is accountable for providing leadership, strategic and tactical direction to fulfill the Center’s mission and vision. Of particular importance is the responsibility to advance the Center’s influence in Northeast Ohio and nationally through outreach to, and collaboration with, community partners. The ED works closely with the Board of Directors (Board) to evaluate and expand programs and corporate sponsorships to achieve the Center’s strategic goals. Planning, managing and implementing revenue and fund development initiatives for the Center are also critical responsibilities of the ED.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
• Fund Development: Continually identify and secure new fund development opportunities for the Center with a focus on long-range plans for self-sustainability.
• Strategic Planning and Execution: Working successfully with key staff and Board, develop and implement the strategic initiatives of the Center to ensure that the mission and vision of the organization are carried out to their fullest potential.
• Board Development: Recruit, cultivate and develop highly effective board members who have a passion for the success and growth of the Center’s programs.
• Financial Management: Provide stewardship for the Center’s financial assets and oversee and participate in the Center’s planning and budgeting processes.
• Communication and Influence: Ensure stakeholders have a clear sense of the Center’s mission and vision. Increase the Center’s visibility and role in the community through outreach, dialogue, strategic partnerships, the media, and other far-reaching outlets. Serve as principal spokesperson and representative for the Center in promoting initiatives, priorities and accomplishments.
• Relationship Cultivation: Build and leverage committed and long-lasting relationships across all stakeholders, including corporate partners and sponsors, current and prospective donors, community partners and Board members.
• Human Capital: Provide consistent developmental support and guidance to direct reports to ensure that they have the tools, skills and information necessary to carry out their work at the highest level.
• Operations: Provide oversight for policies, practices, and systems that positively impact students, staff and volunteers.
• Programs: Oversee the development and implementation of a successful strategy for program growth and expansion.
• Minimum of seven to ten years of senior executive level experience, with evidence of the successful management of a complex organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in fundraising.
• Demonstrated competency across a broad range of executive and managerial functions, including, financial management, a vision for business development, planning, and board development and management.
• Understanding of nonprofit operations and a passion for NewBridge’s mission, including the drive to lead the Center’s growth in both youth and adult programs.
• Ability to encourage open and productive dialogue and effectively influence positive outcomes; strong written and verbal communication skills, including exceptional public speaking ability.
• Currently recognized as a community leader or have the executive presence and profile necessary to achieve this shortly after appointment.
• Understanding of the political dynamics surrounding federal and state legislation, as well as local political sensitivities that may impact organizational growth and development.
• Ability to respond well to changing demands, accept challenging opportunities, and make timely, sound decisions.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities to execute appropriate strategic initiatives timely and effectively.
• Strong ideals and integrity with visionary, strategic and operational planning abilities and the ability to serve as a role model for best management practices and impactful decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and collaborate successfully across a diverse group of stakeholders to meet mutually agreed upon outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience with social media as tools of organizational communication very desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Senior-level corporate, non-profit, and higher education executives dedicated to providing world-class developmental, educational and professional opportunities to Northeast Ohio residents are encouraged to apply for this outstanding leadership position. If this is your background and you share a passion for changing the lives of underserved youth and adults, we want to speak with you. NewBridge offers a competitive compensation plan commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the individual selected with an incentive-based program designed around fund development metrics and strategic milestones. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including generous time off, health, dental and vision options.
Applications should be submitted no later than February 8, 2013 so that we may begin the process of filling this important role. For consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume along with salary history to: email@example.com.
NewBridge is an equal opportunity employer.
|Location||Cleveland, OH, 44118, United States|
|Experience Years||7 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Executive Director|