The World Molecular Imaging Society (WMIS) is an international clinical and scientific association representing over 1200 members throughout the world. The WMIS oversees the World Molecular Imaging Congress (WMIC) which is the annual meeting held in different regions of the world with the European Society for Molecular Imaging (ESMI) and the Federation of Asian Societies for Molecular Imaging (FASMI).
The World Molecular Imaging Society (WMIS) was established in 2011 by integrating the Academy of Molecular Imaging and the Society for Molecular Imaging into a single streamlined society focused on advancing the field of molecular imaging (MI). Within a relatively short time, the WMIS has significantly expanded its global footprint in this field by building and expanding upon existing strengths and infrastructures of these two organizations. WMIS is an organization that will lead, develop and drive the science behind molecular imaging and how it is disseminated and used.
The Executive Director reports directly to the 13 member Board of Trustees and is responsible for the operation of the administration of the society and the Congress, with an annual budget of approximately $2 million. WMIS is located in Culver City, California in the Los Angeles area. There is a strong preference for a new ED to be based in LA, but WMIS will consider an Executive Director with experience and a track record with offsite management and a willingness to spend considerable time in LA without relocating.
The successful WMIS Executive Director will be a strategic and collaborative leader, a service-oriented listener, internationally-oriented, diplomatic, and politically savvy. WMIS is looking for a relationship- builder who can collaborate with industry, other organizations, and members to take WMIS to the next level. Financial management and business planning skills are also desired.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience in a senior management position or as Executive Director/non-profit experience preferred
• Knowledge of meeting industry preferred
• Strong financial management and business development skills and experience. Ability to work within an established budget
• Proven leadership, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills including strategy development and implementation
• Advocacy/public policy experience desirable
• Ability to build and sustain positive working relationships with association partners both domestic and internationally
• International business/cultural experience preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, public speaking and interpersonal communication skills required
• Background in science/healthcare, although not essential, would be considered an additional advantage
• Ability to undertake frequent domestic and international travel
This search is being conducted by Tuft & Associates. Submit your cover letter and resume electronically in confidence to:
Tuft & Associates