This job is no longer available
Director of Development and Communication
Community Friendship, Inc. | Atlanta GA 30032 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/14/2013
Director of Development and Communication
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute an annual resource development plan, including government, corporate, and philanthropic donors, major gifts, annual campaign, Board campaign, and special events.
• Develop, maintain, and build fundraising databases. Generate fundraising reports for Board, CEO, and Finance.
• Develop and implement system for donor and volunteer recognition, including timely thank you acknowledgments for contributions that comply to IRS standards, reports as required by funders, and pledge due notices.
• Collaborate with CEO, Board of Directors, and senior staff on cultivation of foundation and government grants. Write clear, effective and timely grant applications as needed.
• Develop and publish print materials for external communication, including newsletter, annual report, advertisements, promotional literature, stationery, displays, brochures, etc. Maintain library of graphics and photos for use in publicity.
• Work with staff and consultants to develop, maintain, and enhance websites, internet links, and interactive electronic communications to support Community Friendship’s mission and resource development strategies.
• Develop audio-visual presentations, including PowerPoint, DVD/video, CD-Rom, flash, etc.
• Develop, promote, and manage agency-wide special events.
• Research new potential sources of support and implement strategies for introducing them to Community Friendship.
• Promote Community Friendship to the community in networking opportunities and presentations reaching target audiences.
• Develop and execute an annual marketing and communication plan.
• Develop and implement direct mail campaign, Board campaign, and other face-to-face, print, and online solicitations of individual donor base to support annual operating budget
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and abilities:
Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management or Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience in those fields.
• Minimum of two years professional fundraising experience, preferably in fields of psychiatric rehabilitation or mental health.
• Minimum of two years professional experience in writing grant proposals, preferably in fields of psychiatric rehabilitation or mental health.
• Familiarity with metro Atlanta government, philanthropic, civic, and business communities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, representatives from all levels of government, the philanthropic community, civic organizations, business professionals and general public.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
• Ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated project planning and management skills.
• Knowledgeable about production process for printed materials.
• Strong in areas of creativity, innovation, organization, resourcefulness, and leadership.
• Good research skills
• Ability to work in a high-paced environment managing multiple projects and deadlines.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your salary history. No phone calls please.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30032, United States|
|Annual Salary||$60,000.00 - $60,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Social Work/ Services|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|Pref Major||Nonprofit Management or Communications|
|Question Text||Question Type|
|Do you have at least (2) years experience as a professional fundraiser?||Yes/No|
|Do you have at least (2) years experience as a professional grant writer?||Yes/No|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|