Homeboy Industries is seeking an enthusiastic Social Media Coordinator to help moderate and inspire promotional communications via Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest and Homeboy Stories (blog). As Homeboy’s Social Media coordinator, the person in this position will work to foster interaction, education, engagement and discussion regarding Homeboy’s mission, social enterprises, brands and products through the use of all our various online communities. The Social Media Coordinator will manage, update and enhance all on-line social media platforms.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create compelling and dynamic visual (pictures) and written content for all social media platforms
- Build and sustain awareness of Homeboy Industries’ mission and client stories through posting, tweeting and blogging.
- Build and sustain number of people who like and are following Homeboy, engaging a larger social media audience
- Work cross collaboratively with all departments at Homeboy to effectively post, tweet and blog about all aspects of the organization
- Gather, photograph and write content for electronic publications, social media and blogs
- Develop structured social media campaigns and promotions that result in user engagement and positive ROI
- Research and recommend strategies for enhancing the Company’s ongoing external communications strategies
- Monitor posts, tweets, comments, and conversation and all company mentions on review sites and social networks.
- Monitor and follow other (comparable) non-profits use of social media activities, media announcements, consumer conversation and behavior, social media trends, and industry news.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- Photograph and document the various activities throughout Homeboy
- Excellent photography skills on both professional equipment and basic electronic formats (iphone, etc); degree or some coursework in photography strongly preferred
- Strong writing skills
- 1-2 years-experience with social media engagement and management
- Knowledge of SEO
- Outgoing and personable
- Flexible schedule, available “on call” for photography needs of a few after-hours events
- Mission driven person with strong work ethic
- Experience working with individuals of diverse ethnic background
- Comfortable working hands-on with gang impacted population
- Remote, off site work okay, however visiting Homeboy, participating regularly in morning meetings (8:50 am daily) and interacting with trainees and staff an important role for the position
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communication
To apply please email resume, cover letter, photography portfolio and 3-4 examples of online written content (facebook, instagram, blog) to email@example.com