Position Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Development Director
Credentials: Bachelor’s Degree required with experience in communications, marketing/PR or fundraising
The Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Development Director with fundraising, marketing and public relations tasks with a heavy emphasis on communication. Key duties are related to donor stewardship and reporting, public and media relations, and coordinating effective marketing tools with messaging as directed by the Executive and Development Directors.
• Coordinate the implementation of marketing and PR directives set by Development Director and Executive Director for outreach to individuals, faith and community-based organizations, businesses and other potential supporters of RRISA. Key tools include: Website, social media, information packets, online newsletters, press releases, presentations, direct appeal letters
• Provide administrative support to Development Director including data entry, research, addressing and sending mass mailings, maintaining the development department’s calendar, managing routine donor correspondence and filing
• Assist with the creation and coordination of events and presentations, donor recognition activities, group volunteer activities including co-sponsorships, apartment setups, etc.
• Develop and submit press releases and maintain media contacts
• Attend all required meetings and trainings
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills
• Ability to effectively manage, monitor and report high volume of detailed, confidential information
• Organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize
• Flexibility and ability to problem solve
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience working as part of a team in a diverse, multicultural environment
• Technical proficiency: General Windows; MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook; experience with Constant Contact and eTapestry preferred
This is a full-time, salaried position with a salary range of $30,000 - $35,000 based on experience.
To apply for the position, email your resume and cover letter to Brandy Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 1. No phone calls please.