Position: BILINGUAL English/Spanish Case Manager, Compass Family Shelter
Organization: Compass Family Services helps homeless and low-income families find their way out of the cycle of poverty and homelessness. Our services include intake and referral to shelter, emergency shelter, transitional housing, rental assistance, and childcare--in addition to a broad spectrum of counseling, parenting education, prevention, and support services.
Program: Compass Family Shelter provides emergency shelter for 22 families for up to six months. This residential program includes intensive case management focused on obtaining stable housing. Individual and family therapy is provided, as well as trainings and life skills workshops presented by other Compass programs. Children's activities and play groups are offered on site.
Reports to: Compass Family Shelter Program Director
Exempt status: Non-Exempt
• Provide case-management services to caseload of up to 11 shelter families, some of which will be monolingual Spanish-speakers. Case-management services include counseling, crisis intervention, assessment, referrals to substance abuse treatment, mental health services, and children's services, money management, living skills, housing resources.
• Work with clients to obtain housing
• Monitor client families' compliance with shelter and program rules, and administer warnings and denials of services as needed
•• Provide financial/tangible assistance to clients with counselor budget, track and submit monthly spending
• Maintain up-to-date case notes and complete paper files on each shelter family
• Fully comply with TCM service planning model
• Refer families to services provided by other Compass programs.
• Maintain ongoing communication with shelter staff and other Compass programs regarding shelter clients
• Attend weekly staff meeting, clinical meeting, and family meeting
• Attend weekly supervision
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
• Two years of counseling/case-management
• Knowledge of social service resources
• Counseling skills
• Understanding of issues facing homeless families
• Outstanding work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, team-oriented
• Ability to work independently
• Fluency in Spanish required
Compass offers a generous benefits package including 4 weeks paid vacation, 9 paid holidays and full coverage for employee/child benefits. Candidates: send a FULL COVER LETTER and resume to the email above with Bilingual Case Manager -Shelter in the subject line. Applications without a full cover letter are not considered.