This job is no longer available
Youth Education Director
St Pauls Church | Chicago IL 60614 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/15/2013
Saint Pauls UCC
Youth Education Director
Youth Education Director for St Pauls UCC, a 1,200 member, “Open and Affirming” United Church of Christ congregation. Saint Pauls is a Mainline “Liberal Protestant church”, home to a progressive but theologically diverse congregation.
This full-time position offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant youth program serving over 200 children at an exciting large urban church that boasts strong community ties in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago and a variety of outreach programs across the city. This program currently includes 9 levels of church school classes for ages 2 through high school including Confirmation classes, outreach programs, Kinder chapel and Kids chapel, youth groups, a yearly mission trip, and numerous other faith-based and community outreach activities throughout the year.
General Summary of Position Responsibility
The Director of Youth Education plans, organizes and directs the program of Christian education and nurture of youth from birth through high school. The Director develops and nurtures connections with their families.
Essential Job Functions
• Create a fun and welcoming environment for youth and their families.
• Maintain and oversee current core and unique youth programming at the church.
• Recruit and train volunteer teachers and youth leaders to work with youth from ages 2 years old through high school.
• Work with the youth education committee to select and implement curriculum.
• Oversee administration, with the assistance of other church staff, all programs
• Create and innovate new youth programs and community outreach
• Work collaboratively with the youth education committee, the church council, the pastors and other staff.
• Foster interpersonal relationships between youth, adults, parents, teachers, pastors, the community and the church.
• Work collaboratively with pastoral staff to create and integrate a vision of faith formation for youth.
• Support and foster the faith and values of the St Pauls community and the United Church of Christ.
• Maintain connections with church households and families that have school age children.
• Integrate New Members into the Youth Programs and Sunday School.
• Attend continuing education training and conferences.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly meetings of the Youth Education Committee and the Church Council.
• Experience working with youth and families.
• Ability to work well with diverse people.
• Experience in or sensitivity to the culture of a mainline, liberal protestant church.
• A desire to lift up the arts and drama to support youth education and worship.
• Good organizational and creative problem solving skills.
• Excellent management, communication and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent leadership abilities.
• Ability to work weekends and evenings.
• College degree.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience
Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health insurance, dental care and pension plan.
Please visit our website at www.spucc.org and our Facebook page for more information about St Pauls UCC.
Resumes only, no calls please. Please submit a job specific cover letter and application to us at: email@example.com
|Location||Chicago, IL, 60614, United States|
|Contact Name||Kathy Kikke|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Youth Education Director|