This job is no longer available
Sr. Program Specialist - TEMPORARY
Atlanta Regional Commission | Atlanta GA 30303 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/15/2013
TEMPORARY Sr. Program Specialist
37.5/hours per week through 9/30/2013
Aging & Health Resources Division
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will assume responsibility for completing access to services related activities included in ARC’s Pfizer Foundation/Grantmaker in Aging Age Friendly Grant. Key responsibilities include:
• Support the Lifelong Communities initiative by assessing and identifying specific access needs in target communities and develop outreach messages and plans accordingly;
• Recruit, train and manage program volunteers;
• Create and implement outreach plan to recruit volunteers for the programs;
• Facilitate review and update of program materials;
• Conduct program evaluation and prepare reports according to specifications;
• Cultivate relationships with community groups and organizations in target areas;
• Provide technical assistance to staff, volunteer and community partners as appropriate
Perform other related duties as assigned.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE DESIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Community Development, Public Health or related field. Experience in project management and implementation; marketing and community organizing are required. Knowledge of and experience with aging services; coordinating senior adult volunteers/recent retirees; and experience collaborating with community based groups is desired. Must be adept at multi-tasking and have strong problem-solving, organizational and facilitation skills.
No benefits are associated with this position.
SALARY RANGE: $24.00/hour
For more information please visit our website at www.atlantaregional.com
TO APPLY: On-line applications only at http://www.atlantaregional.com/about-us/employment/arc-job-listings Internal candidates may apply directly to the Human Resources Division.
ARC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or disability in employment or the provision of services.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30303, United States|
|Annual Salary||$24.00 - $24.00/Hourly|
|Categories||Social Work/ Services|
|Pref Major||Social Services, Community Development, Public Health or related field|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Sr. Program Specialist|