Director of Development
San Francisco University High School | San Francisco CA 94115 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/10/2013
SAN FRANCISCO UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
San Francisco, California
For other development listings in Northern California, please visit http://www.pamelacook.com.
Established in 1973 as a "school of the city," San Francisco UHS consistently attracts motivated and enterprising students from the greater Bay Area who are unwavering in their quest for a high level of intellectual engagement in the classroom and fulfilling roles onstage, on athletic courts and fields, and throughout the community. The exceptional academic program at UHS, led by an insightful and passionate faculty, inspires active debate, dynamic exchange, and intellectual exploration. Students at UHS celebrate their collective enthusiasm for learning, unquestionably the most valued element of the school's culture.
The school's resources are outstanding, and include a healthy and stable financial position, recently expanded and modernized facilities, and an exceptionally strong demand for admission. UHS is well prepared to take on the challenges it sets for itself by constantly re-examining how the school can continue to meet the highest standards of excellence.
For more information, please visit http://www.sfuhs.org.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, experienced executive, and strong team leader poised to direct a talented staff and partner with an experienced and engaged Board of Trustees and Head of School to advance all aspects of the development program, including expanding the major gifts program, building a more robust alumni giving program, and launching a planned giving program.
The search committee is looking for an individual who possesses strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, who brings energy and creativity to the work of cultivating and stewarding of donors across all constituencies, and who is committed to taking a key role in upcoming strategic planning resulting in an ambitious comprehensive capital campaign. The Director of Development will be a member of the senior leadership team and work in concert with admissions, communications, and finance.
Reporting to the Head of School, supervise, manage, and evaluate the development team including the Associate Director of Development, the Director of Alumni Relations, Director of Events and Special Projects, the Showcase Director, and the Development Assistant.
* Oversee the implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive development program that includes major gifts, annual fund, alumni relations, special events including a signature Decorator Showcase event, and specific fundraising for the Summerbridge middle school enrichment program.
* Provide strategic counsel to the Head of School, board development committee, and Summerbridge advisory committee regarding fundraising and external relations.
* Serve as a member of the school's senior administrative team.
* Maintain prospect database with current information.
* Work closely with the Director of Communications to develop print and online communication tools to promote giving.
* Supervise, manage, and evaluate the development team.
* Five or more years of demonstrated success building and leading the development function in nonprofit organizations, preferably in colleges, universities, and/or independent schools
* Excellent leadership, management, and organizational skills
* Ability to effectively engage senior staff and trustees in solicitation and cultivation activities
* Ability to manage large scale events
* Substantial experience designing and implementing comprehensive fundraising plans
* Successful track record of networking to build relationships
* Interest in becoming involved in the UHS community and ability to engage faculty in alumni connection and the "story-telling" of UHS
* Exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to write effectively, speak persuasively, and listen attentively
* Detail orientation and willingness to initiate action
* Ability to work well with both teenagers and adults in a range of socio-economic groups
* Proficiency with information technology, including Microsoft Office and prospect databases
* Sense of humor
* Bachelor's degree
Please send cover letter and resume to Pamela Cook, Search Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all applications.
Candidates may be subject to background checks.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94115, United States|
|Travel Required||5% of the time|
|Categories||Education, Youth Services|
|Experience Years||7 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Contact Name||Pamela Cook|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Fax||E-mail only please|