The Graphic Design Associate will work under the direction of the Graphic Design Manager. Responsibilities include producing materials as assigned for projects across the museum, including print and electronic media, for advertising, marketing and promotional materials, brochures, signage, event invitations, newsletters and in-house media to support museum communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to understand, identify and design following branding guidelines and produce varied collateral to match campaign branding.
• Produces printed and online media which includes signage, banners, press materials, forms, advertising, direct mail, and other graphic materials.
• Performs manual production of printed materials for in-house needs, including hand trimming and mounting labels and signs.
• Manipulates and corrects photographic images using Photoshop.
• Solicits bids from vendors and manages projects through to completion. Reviews technical specifications and provides print-ready digital files to vendors.
• Maintains archival files which include both printed media and digital files.
• Manages graphic design requests and schedule, interfaces with internal clients to fulfill and vet graphic requests.
• Communicates effectively and work collaboratively with cross-department teams.
• Works well under pressure and responsibly meets deadlines with clean files.
• Takes direction well, but is able to work independently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Flash).
• Strong typography, layout and production skills with comprehensive knowledge of CMYK print processes and online image standards. Large scale signage and Flash banner animation experience
• Strong level of skill working with Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
• Communicates smoothly and effectively with clients.
• Very organized with great attention to detail and able to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent ability to listen and give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
• Able to understand complex concepts and move projects along with minimal supervision after being given the scope of the project.
• Ability to work efficiently, embrace new challenges and adapt accordingly in a fast-paced deadline-driven work environment. Ability to sustain a professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short time tables is essential.
• Person must be able to multi-task and be a team player.
Education and Experience
• Degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience working in professional graphic design required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This position requires extended period of sitting, with most work done at a computer workstation with extensive use of a computer keyboard and monitor. Other physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 35 lbs. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evenings.
To apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) references.
Open until filled.