Wesley Woods is a pioneer in making the retirement experience healthy and fulfilling for older adults of all income levels, races, and faiths. Throughout Atlanta and across North Georgia, we operate comfortable retirement communities that emphasize wellness, socialization, education, and personal and spiritual fulfillment for our residents. Several retirement communities have levels of care that allow residents to “transition in place” as their needs change. As a not-for-profit provider, Wesley Woods provides affordable residential and healthcare services to older adults. This support makes Wesley Woods different from the many profit-based retirement communities that are rapidly being built in our community, because at Wesley Woods we serve people rather than the bottom line.
Through its mission, Wesley Woods strives to help people age with grace.
Donor Relations Specialist
The Donor Relations Specialist assures that all gifts are properly recorded and acknowledged. As a key member of the Foundation of Wesley Woods, responsibilities include processing and posting of gifts, maintaining gift receipt and acknowledgment files, correspondence, producing reports from donor database. The position requires an advanced knowledge of computers and an understanding of computer software (such as MS Office and our donor database) and related problem-solving skills. The ability to maintain strict confidentiality is required. The ideal candidate is one who is very detail oriented and can comfortably and manage several tasks simultaneously.
• Receives donations from on-going fundraising campaigns; writes letters of acknowledgement of gifts receipt within established time frames; tracks and posts to appropriate accounts; prepares deposits; coordinates with Financial Services to ensure actual deposit of funds.
• Develops and maintains data reporting components of fundraising campaigns, coordinates mailings for campaigns and special events, provides assistance to the Vice President of Development and the President & CEO as needed.
• Compiles and formats Foundation financial and statistical data reporting to the Wesley Woods Senior Living, Foundation of Wesley Woods Board and the senior staff as needed.
• Develops and refines policies and guidelines for fundraising by working with Finance department to assure funds are being designated and used correctly; working with the Foundation team with guidelines of gift receipt and assists with the development of policies and fundamental goals for the Foundation, as needed.
• Manages a database with profile information of donors; including individual, community, religious, civic and corporate prospects. Prepare progress reports for Foundation donors. Trains staff on software as needed.
• Coordinates mailings, updates mailing list and assists with special events. Attends special functions and maintains mailing lists of all donors and potential donors. Follows up on important events with appropriate acknowledgements. Serves as staff support for outside volunteers. Works with campaign and other related Foundation volunteers in their activities (on-campus or external event). Ensure confidentiality and sensitivity to work environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
• Raiser’s Edge or similar database experience strongly preferred;
• Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates;
• Ability to solve problems by selecting and applying commonly used procedures, precedents, and rules;
• Experience working with a high degree of organizational effectiveness and attention to detail;
• Ability to communicate effectively with various types of people
Salary commensurate with experience.